Enfold Desktop Publisher's description
from Enfold Systems, Inc.
Save time managing content with a new free version that gives you Windows desktop access to any Plone site.
* Requires free optional server component
- Save time uploading content by using drag-and-drop to move items–individually or in bulk–between the Windows desktop and Plone.
- Save time editing content in programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Dreamweaver or a text editor by opening Plone items directly from the Windows file manager.
- Use the Windows file manager to quickly move content within Plone and change name and title.
- Use the Windows file manager to change description, workflow state and other metadata.*
- Use the Desktop client component with any Plone site; the Desktop server component is now optional.
- Protect private data with secure, encrypted file transfers.
- Automatically lock content during editing to prevent overwriting and lost work.
- Set up custom sessions so users can navigate directly to often-used folders, without having to drill down.*
- Automatically convert Windows file names to all-ASCII, Plone-allowed content names.*
- Automatically normalize content names for consistent, easy-to-remember Web addresses.*
What's New in This Release:- UI improvements to the link-integrity confirmation dialog.
- Fixed issues with non-ascii characters in a document's title and error messages.
- Fixed issues where on some PCs and for some file extensions which caused the context menu not to display.
- Improved handling of default column widths.
- Content-type for a document is now displayed on a new column.
- Now licenses can be detected by selecting "Refresh Server" on the context menu (previously, you needed to log out and on again).
- Fixed timeout behavior when connecting to a firewalled machine (it is now much shorter) and when putting large content to Zope (it is now longer).
- Fixed issue about Enfold Desktop error reporting tool that occurred when the remote server was offline or unreachable.
System Requirements:- A Client component, which runs on each user’s computer
+ Administrator privileges on the client computer
+ Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003 or Vista, Windows 7 is not yet supported
- An optional Server component which runs as an add-on product to the Plone server
+ Plone 2.x - 3.0.x, on any operating system.
+ Plone 3.1.x or newer (buildout based Plone) is not yet supported.
+ Enfold Server ships with this component already installed.
+ Enfold Server, Enfold Proxy and a Windows domain login are required to utlize the optional single sign-on feature.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall