GimmeFreeData Publisher's description
A useful tool which saves data in an ASCII text format.
- Download up to 10-years of free End of Day price data for stocks, indices, ETFs and more.
- Saves data for each symbol/ticker in its own file formatted as ASCII csv text.
- Add the name for the symbol/ticker to file name if you wish.
- Optionally saves data in an ASCII text format suitable for conversion to a popular proprietary format.
- Gets data for markets worldwide via the internet.
- Create your own unique list of up to 125 symbol/tickers to download from each data source.
- Includes Help file and painless Install/Uninstall.
- Does what it's supposed to do without fuss ... no ads nor nag screens.
- No JRE, no DotNet, no SilverLight, no nothin needed ... runs right out of the box as is.
- The program is free and the data is free too thanks to YAHOO!, MSN and Google.
Data Formats Supported:
- EoD ASCII csv (Date,Open,High,Low,Close,Volume) and (Date,Adj Close,Volume).
- Saved in Descending order (current data at start of file) as received from the source.
- Lets you save data in Ascending order if that is what you want.
- Numbers are formatted with Dot character as decimal separator.
- Check the Support page for info about known issues with the various data sources.
System Requirements:- M$ Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Win7.
- About 1600 Kb of free hard drive space with uninstaller.
- Internet connection.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall