PHPEdit Publisher's description
from WaterProof Software
PHPEdit is an integrated development environment specialized for PHP, the most popular web scripting language in the world.
PHPEdit is an integrated development environment specialized for PHP, the most popular web scripting language in the world. PHPEdit integrates all the tools you will need to carry out your web application projects.
Whether you are a student learning the technology, or a veteran professional with a skilled team, PHPEdit will bring the best out of you by increasing your efficiency and by making your life easier.
You can have an overview of PHPEdit by watching the following presentation video.
Editor and file management
* PHP4 and PHP5 support
* Syntax highlighting, code auto completion
* Templates (PHP, PHPDoc, New file)
* Code folding (Classes, functions and PHPDoc)
* Real time syntax checking
PHPEdit makes PHP parse your code in real time to detect syntax errors without effort:
* Quick navigation in the source
* Automatic insertion (braces, square brakets)
* Token match
The parenthesis, braces, quotes, square brakets, etc... are automatically highlighted by PHPEdit to easily understand the code structure:
Comment/uncomment the PHP code
With a simple keyboard shortcut, comment or uncomment blocs of code:
* PHP explorer view (Projet)
* Open resource (File / function)
PHP manual integration
The PHP manual is accessible directly from PHPEdit, for a quick access to the information necessary on a daily basis. Other manuals are shipped too, like the mysql of the symfony manuals, and you can add more.
* File/project/PHP explorers (Outlines)
* Advanced code formatting (tabs, parenthesis, spaces and empty lines)
* Search and remplace in files
* Tasks (TODO)
* Project dependencies management (Project Include Path)
* Drag and drop or open from the file explorer
* Easy creation of new files
Generation of getters and setters
PHPEdit improves your productivity by allowing, with just a few letters typed, to generate code automatically, like for example getters and setters for a private variable.
PHPEdit is shipped with many code templates ready to use.
* Method overriding and implementing
* Class and interface generation
PHPDoc documentation generation
With a simple shortcut, generate a documentation bloc for the current function or method. With this feature you can easily maintain your projects documented to improve their quality.
* Syntax highlighting
* Code auto-completion
Source code control
Unit tests with PHPUnitTop
* Generation of "Test Case" / "Test Suite"
* Running the tests and graphical display of the results
* Displaying and filtering the callstack
* Displaying the code coverage of your methods and classes
* Local debugging
* Remote debugging on the web server
* Local deployment
* Charset support
* Web servers management
* File source transfert (Use the local/remote copy)
* Browser toolbar support (Firefox)
* PHP profiler
Deployment on remote serveurs support
* Query editor - syntax highlighter and code completion
* Intuitive dialog for new connections
* Tables data visualizer (editable)
* Objects tree - tables, views
* Visual query builder
* Execution of queries within PHP code with dynamic replacement of the variables
eZ publish support
* Syntax highlighting
* Template explorer
* Cache manager
* Code completion
* Quick access to documentation
The different kind of Prado tags are recognized and colorized to distinguish them quickly:
PHPEdit suggests automatically component names, as well as their properties and events:
Quick navigation in the code between events and their implementation
If the implementation doesn't exist yet, PHPEdit will generate its skeleton automatically:
* YAML support (syntax highlighting, code folding, formatting errors detection)
* Run symfony tasks from the IDE
* Symfony projects explorer
* Advanced debugging with support for the environnements and routing
* Code generation (components, templates, actions)
* Quick navigation between actions and associated templates
- Code Insight;
- Code Hint;
- Breadcrumb navigator;
- Code Browser;
- Quick links/Jump to declaration;
- Token match;
- Code Folding;
- Smart Indent;
- HTML improvements
The HTML support has been improved too:
Comment/Uncomment like in PHP and CSS:
- Quick links when pasting code containing accentuated characters or typing them in PHP files, to replace the characters with their corresponding HTML entity code;
- Contextual help: Press F1 or Ctrl+F1 on tags to see their online documentation.
- Code Insight improvements
One of the most important features of PHPEdit, the Code Insight, is getting smarter and easier to use:
A few new completions:
- phpDoc tags;
- Class names for phpDoc tags;
- Ini_set/ini_get directives;
- PHP variables in SQL strings;
- Parent methods overridable in the extended class;
- Mime types for some HTML attributes.
- Support for array deferencing from PHP 5.4;
- Better handling of completions with other keys than the “Return” key;
- Loose filtering of the items in the list: just type the first letters of words from the item you are searching for and PHPEdit will find it for you.
- For example if you are looking for “mysql_fetch_array”, just type “myfa”, and PHPEdit will show you a list of items containing words starting with one or more letters that you typed. This also works for items using the CamelCase syntax.
Help generator and Task report:
- The Help generator, phpDocumentor wizard, and Task report tool have been redesigned to be easier to use: A simple click in the project ribbon commands and the documentation of your project will be generated. You can configure which engine to use (PHPEdit’s internal engine, phpDocumentor, or the new ApiGen), and other customizations in the preferences, which will be remembered for your project for future generations.
System Requirements:- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (version 3.5 SP1 highly recommended)
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall