Aptana Studio Publisher's description
from Aptana, Inc.
Free, open source Ajax and PHP development environment
Aptana Studio Community Edition is the free, open source Ajax and PHP development environment with over a million downloads that makes developing web pages fun again. This edition comes with optional packages to support Adobe AIR, iPhone, and Ruby on Rails development to integrate Ajax applications with emerging technologies.
The Community Edition represents the core pieces of the Aptana frameworks for editing, debugging, synchronization, and project management, including pieces for scripting, customizing and extending Aptana.
- Aptana is extensible with 1000's of third party plugins for doing everything from source control to UML diagrams.
- Visual ScriptDoc gives you an exciting way to explore the hierarchy of your code.
- FTP support allows you to push your files to remote sites. Aptana Studio Pro adds FTPS and SFTP support.
- Integrated samples view allows you to get a quick start on your favorite projects.
- Snippets allow you to quickly insert common and frequently-used text into your documents.
- CSS preview enables you to easily preview CSS changes against a specific file as you are working.
- Debug! Aptana integrates with FireBug for Firefox, offering multiple debugging options. Aptana Studio Pro offers IE debugging.
Streamlined Development Process
Aptana Studio makes simplifies the development process. The database perspective, variety of source control plug-ins, an integrated FTP Client (SFTP and FTPS available in Studio Pro), and single-click browser previews for Firefox, IE and Safari all make life much easier.
Based on Eclipse
Aptana Studio is based on Eclipse. That means you can plug it into Eclipse itself, or other Eclipse-based IDEs. You can also run a standalone edition of Aptana Studio which bundles in Eclipse 3.2, so that you can then extend Studio with other Aptana plug-ins or other plug-ins for Eclipse
What's New in This Release:A hot-fix release for addressing the critical connection lost issue in APSTUD-7311.
System Requirements:Java Runtime Environment 1.4 or higher
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall