USB Device Tree Viewer Publisher's description
from Uwe Sieber
UsbTreeView started with the USBView source code from the DDK.
The USB Device Tree Viewer, short UsbTreeView is based upon the Microsoft "USBView" sample application found in the Windows Driver Development Kits and now standalone here: USBView sample application.
But it is source code only, there is no executable for end users provided.
UsbTreeView started with the USBView source code from the DDK for Server 2003. Here are the improvements I've done:
- TreeView with handmade 16x16 icons, USBView used 32x32 icons scaled down to 15x15
- Informations from the Windows Device Management are collected and matched with the found USB devices; Therefore UsbTreeView can show the child devcies, including drive letters and COM-ports
- Window position is saved
- Background color and font of the right pane can be set (the font shown in the screenshots is DOSLike 7)
- Text output rearranged
- Keeps the tree item selection over refresh
- Some more descriptors are decoded
- Hexdump of the descriptors can be shown
- Safe removal, device restart and port restart
- Extended USB information available under Windows 8 (taken from the latest USBView sample application)
- Extended information about host controllers
- Enumeration of the USB devices accelerated and independent from the treeview
- Failed USB requests are re-tried in the background, e.g. if a USB mouse was moved while requesting its properties
- Toolbar with jump-lists for easily finding devices in complex trees
- many minor improvements
- USB Video Class H.264 information
- Maybe Unicode support if someone shows me that it is required
What's New in This Release:Bugfix: Crash with some USB over network products.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall