UltraDefrag Publisher's description
from Dmitri Arkhangelski
UltraDefrag is a powerful Open Source Defragmentation tool for Windows Platform.
UltraDefrag is the first open source disk defragmenter for Windows which supports defragmentation of system locked files by running during the Windows boot process. Actually all files including registry hives and pagefile can be defragmented at Windows boot time.
Also one of the primary goals of the UltraDefrag design is doing the job as fast as possible.
UltraDefrag has the following features:
* system files defragmentation (registry, pagefiles...)
* ultra fast NTFS analysis
* fast defragmentation algorithm
* effective volume optimization algorithm
* safety, it can never damage processed files
* simplicity, it can be used without reading the documentation
* ability to defragment single file/directory from the context menu in Explorer
* ability to defragment additional streams attached to NTFS files
* ability to exclude any unimportant files based on flexible filters
* ability to defragment files which have number of fragments above specified threshold
* ability to automatically break defragmentation when the specified time interval elapses
* ability to select multiple volumes for defragmentation
* well readable HTML reports
* powerful command line interface
* ability to automatically hibernate/shutdown PC after a job
* ability to make an automatic effective defragmentation through Windows Task Scheduler
* multilingual graphical interface
* little binaries (less than 500 kb)
* portable version available which requires no installation
* native 64-bit support
* open source code licensed under GPL
What's New in This Release:We have added more menu items so the translations need to be updated.
The translation changes are outlined in the change log.
The current progress can be found in the translation report.
Thank you in advance for your continuous support with the translations.
All disk processing algorithms were optimized for speed and efficiency.
Support to optimize FAT disks was added.
The ability to specify the file sorting order and criteria was added for optimization.
Additional filters for fragment and file size were added.
Optimization now makes use of all specified filters.
The ability to minimize the window to the system tray was added.
The ability to display the progress on the task bar icon was added for Windows 7® and above.
File fragmentation reports are now no longer stored in the root folder of the drive, but in a sub-folder of the installation folder, so they are no longer left behind after removing UltraDefrag.
The Explorer context menu handler is now configurable too.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall