SpaceMonger Publisher's description
It's time to face the facts. Your computer's hard drive is a mess, and you have no idea where anything is in it. Heck, you don't even know what's in it.
It's time to face the facts. Your computer's hard drive is a mess, and you have no idea where anything is in it. Heck, you don't even know what's in it. Search tools haven't helped; all they tell you is what you already know: that your data is a mess. What you need is understanding and organization.Enter SpaceMonger, the best-kept secret of computer-room system-administrators the world over. Imagine, if you will, being able to fly over
the mountains and hills and valleys of your drive in an airplane, elegantly soaring over the data and seeing from above how it all fits together. No matter how messy your data, no matter how jam-packed your drive, SpaceMonger can give you that bird's-eye-view you've wished for. With the magic of treemaps, as well as charts and graphs aplenty, you'll never be lost in your data again!
Look --- and touch. Showing you the data is good, but SpaceMonger can do more. It includes powerful tools for manipulating the data, too, including standard built-in operations like deleting, copying, and moving files, and SpaceMonger even knows when you use other programs to alter files!
Fully compatible. SpaceMonger works with every version of Windows, from Windows 95 all the way up through Windows XP and Windows Server 2003. It works with every filesystem, be it FAT, FAT32, or NTFS, and it can handle network filesystems too. And it works with every file and folder, no matter where they came from --- even if they're in Chinese! (And SpaceMonger itself speaks other languages, too, including Spanish, Dutch, Portugese, Polish, and yes, even Chinese.)
Flexible and configurable. Not everybody uses software in the same way, and we understand that. That's why SpaceMonger includes hundreds of different configuration options, so you can tweak it to your heart's content. And if you want to play even more, you can edit SpaceMonger's XML files and change every menu and toolbar until it works exactly the way you want.
Still not convinced? Check out what some of our users have to say! Or go take a look at some screen shots of SpaceMonger in action. Or you could simply download a copy and find out for yourself why so many people have fallen in love with SpaceMonger.
What's New in This Release:New features between 2.1.1 and 2.2:
* Added the ability to load scan data from an XML file
* Added the ability to save scan data to an XML file
* Changed the status bar so that the disk stats consume less space, and only appear when nothing is selected. Disk stats also now show total disk usage.
* Added the new PHP scanner, which can generate XML that SM can read, but can do it on anything that can run PHP (including remote web servers).
* Added command-line interface to PHP scanner.
* Added the ability to link against the standard C library (not a visible change to end-users).
* Added decoders for GIF images.
* Added decoders for JPEG images (based on the IJG JPEG library).
* Added Zlib to Wink's core.
* Added decoders for PNG images (based on LibPNG).
* Added resizable fold-out Preview panel for previewing selected images (currently all BMPs, uncompressed Targa, GIF 87a/89a, all JPEGs; all PNGs).
* Added a translation for German (Deutsch). Thanks, Robert!
* Added a setup option to display separated (Windows-style) scrollbar arrows instead of the current grouped (Cooper-style) scrollbar arrows.
* Added options to control the content of the histogram and pie chart.
* Added stacked-bar-chart option to the histogram.
* Histogram has a new shiny shaded look.
* Added "Alternate Layout" option to right-click menus.
* New high-speed storage engine makes updates around 50% faster.
System Requirements:note :
This is the latest version of SpaceMonger. Download this file, and either click "Run" to open it, or double-click it to install it. This is the full program; but it is limited to 30 days of trial use before you must buy a license key.
This release fixes a few bugs from SpaceMonger v2.1 and adds French-language support.
MD5 checksum: 20aeab22876d23624559c39f1735205c
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall