Siren Publisher's description
from Scarabee Software
Siren is a freeware file renaming program.
Siren is a utility that can Rename Multiple Files simultaneously through the use of expressions. It can use the information associated with various types of files, like for example, the ID3 tag info from MP3 files, which you can modify to your requirements.
It's a powerful program, with an intuitive interface that lets you find and select files that you want to rename easily. However, in using expressions THE Rename process can prove somewhat complicated, although you can easily find help for doing it correctly.
Use of expression: a lot of information associated to a file can be used
- Name, base name, extension, size, dates et times, dos name, paths ...
- Selection number (not depending on the position of the file in the list)
- Numeric or non numeric parts of the name
- Information extracted (depending on the file type):
- Audio: mp3, mpc, ogg, wma, wav, au
- Video: avi, mpg, asf, wmv, mov
- Image: tif, jpg, gif, png, pcx, bmp, dib, ico, cur
- Raw image: nef, cr2, crw, orf, pef, mrw, raf, srf, dng
- Exif, Iptc
- "Office" document: doc, xls, pot, pps, ppt, mpp, dot
- pdf, html, executable, dv avi, karaoke, torrent, url
- Fixed text
- System date and time, random number ...
- Lines extracted from the clipboard
- Lines extracted from text files
The following features can be applied:
- Case modification (uppercase/lowercase)
- Accented characters to standard ASCII conversion
- Substring extractions
- String replacements and deletions
- Regular Expressions
Tools will help you to write, keep and reuse expressions
Move and copy files
Unlimited Undo & Redo
'Drop' files and directories
Main and thumbnail image visualization, even if embedded in a file tag
Management of the system shortcuts to Siren: Among those, the contextual menu 'Send To'
Usable from command line
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall