SDLRename Publisher's description
SDLRename is an advanced file renamer.
When dealing with lots of files, renaming them can be especially cumbersome. The program SDLRename offers a solution to this often encountered problem. It can select any number of files and rename it using regular expression search and algorithmic replacement.
SDLRename offers a preview feature which allows to check the results before the actual renaming action takes place. In addition, an undo function can revert to the original file names. This gives the user a maximum of security when operating the renaming tool on huge number of files. See the user interface and the online help for a First Impression.
* simple and advanced mode allow quick start using the program
* regular expression match of file names
* algorithmic replacement: serial numbers, random numbers, time, date, ....
* Гnsertion of file dates
* preview window allows to test renaming without danger of destroying anything
* undo function gives ultimate security in case of a mistake
* unlimited number of files in subdirectories
* predefined renaming actions: e.g. convert cases, insert date, replace umlauts by ASCII characters, rename .html to .htm (and vice versa), numbering files, ...
* change of OS time stamps
* SDLRename may be used as a renaming engine by external applications
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall