Scanner Publisher's description
from Steffen Gerlach
The Scanner provides a visualization of your media usage. To show the relations optimally, all files and folders of the selected disk(s) are displayed together in one diagram - with an area size proportional to the used space.
The Scanner provides a visualization of your media usage. To show the relations optimally, all files and folders of the selected disk(s) are displayed together in one diagram - with an area size proportional to the used space. Smaller objects are invisible, of course. So the Scanner is not intended to be a File Manager.
The Scanner uses an extended pie chart with concentric rings. Outer segments represent deeper directory levels. When you move the cursor over a particular colored area you will see descriptive information about it. Right-click on it to open its context menu. It provides several actions depending on the object type:
- Show/Hide Folder contents
- Zoom into a folder (also directly available via left-click)
- Rescan a folder
- Open a file/folder with the appropriate application
- Recycle a file/folder (delete it by moving it to Recycle Bin)
- Remove a file/folder
What's New in This Release:New in v2.10
- target platform is now Window XP and newer -- the quirks of older systems
are no longer cared for
- support for compressed folders and files
- overall usage of drives is no longer calculated but queried from the OS, so
these values are Always Right
- recycle bin content is now counted used space, which avoids strange
miscalculations when the data changes after scanning
- bug with FileNames containing certain extended characters fixed
- complete rework
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall