RegexRenamer Publisher's description
RegexRenamer is a powerful but simple user-friendly graphical tool used to batch rename files using regular expressions.
RegexRenamer is a powerful but simple user-friendly graphical tool used to batch rename files using regular expressions. A regular expression (or regex) is simply text that contains special characters that together defines a pattern that can be used to match text, in this case filenames. Using the power of regexes it becomes easy to apply complex transformations to large groups of files that otherwise would not be possible with plain match & replace.
* Realtime regex validation, filename preview, conflict detection
* File filtering by glob or regex (operate on a subset of files in a directory)
* Flexible case-changing (change entire filename, or just the section matched by a regex)
* Customisable sequential numbering (set start, padding, interval, reset)
* Rename files in place, move & rename, copy & rename, backup before renaming
* Support for network drives & network paths, renaming folders
* Options to preserve file extension (only operate on filename), show/hide hidden files
* Rename into subfolders (replace вЂњfile.txtвЂќ with вЂњsubdirfile.txtвЂќ)
* Complete documentation including examples, regex tutorial & quick reference guide
What's New in This Release:fixed bug with Ctrl/AltGr modifier keys (copy/paste regex)
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall