Peter's Flexible Renaming Kit (Pfrank) Publisher's description
from Peter Frankenberger
Peter's Flexible Renaming Kit - PFrank is an acronym for Peter's Flexible RenAmiNg Kit.
Peter's Flexible Renaming Kit - PFrank is an acronym for Peter's Flexible RenAmiNg Kit. Peter's Flexible Renaming Kit is a useful file organizer utility that will come in handy.
PFrank is a Freeware bulk file renaming program that runs under Windows. With this tool you can easily organize your music files, picture files, or any other types of files.
Pfrank comes equipped with many features, some of which you won't find on any other renaming program. The beauty of this tool is that you can easily build any renaming command sequence you like, preview all of the results, press the rename button, and you're done!
Key features :
- Powerful Regular Expression (regex) based search/replace engine for defining custom replace commands. Regular expressions are a standard language.
- You create the expressions or choose from dozens of pre-defined regular expression sequences that you can modify as required.
- Define any number of search/replace regular expressions and then run them in a custom sequence with one command!.
- Include any of and as many of the pre-defined renaming commands in the custom sequence!
- If the pre-defined commands and regular expression capability can't do what you want, then develop your own commands using the full power of the python programming language! See here for details.
- Regular expression flags are available to ignore letter case, ignore file/folder name extensions, control the number of replacements made, and more!
- Use the built-in command line interface to invoke custom renaming from the Windows command line, batch files, the Windows task scheduler, etc.
- Export the preview list (this can include over 158 types of meta data!) to a CSV file.
- Copy many variations of data from the preview list to the clipboard.
- Export the renaming or undo commands to a .bat file.
- Export all renaming activity to a log file.
- Import list of old/new filename pairs from a CSV file for renaming. Unicode files are supported.
- Easily set up to run on portable devices like flash drives.
- Optionally integrated with Explorer. Can activate PFrank by right-clicking on a Folder and selecting PFrank.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall