Maxtor Shared Storage II 2000/XP and Mediacenter Publisher's description
Maxtor Shared Storage easy manager software
In order to have Maxtor Shared Storage II 2000/XP and Mediacenter properly installed onto your computer you have to follow these simple steps:
1. After downloading and burning the CD ISO image to disk, or if you are using the zip version (unzip the files into a new folder). Insert the CD and click Run Launch.exe after the AutoPlay box displays.
2. From the main menu, click Install Software.
3. Click Yes when prompted to continue. The software will prepare to install.
4. From the Welcome screen, click Next. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
5. When the installation is complete, click Finish to restart your PC.
6. Upon restart, Maxtor EasyManager searches for Shared Storage drives on your network. When found, you will see the Network ID number and IP address for the located drive(s). For example: MSS-000338 (192.168.0.5).
Note: If a message appears stating that вЂњNo shared Storage drives were foundвЂќ select the Click here button for more information and a link for troubleshooting tips.
7. Once detected, a window displays informing you that your Shared Storage II drive has no security password set for the administrative function. To set a password for the drive, click Manage. This will launch the Web User Interface (Web UI). Follow the on-screen prompts in your browser to configure your Shared Storage drive.
8. When finished, close your browser to return to the EasyManagerвЂ™s Settings screen, and then click the Home button.
9. When the Home screen appears, click on the Create a User Account button.
10. Choose an account type (Public Account or Private Account / Home or Business), provide the necessary information and click Create. The EasyManageв„ў software will now create the new user account and the appropriate folders for the account. When finished, a desktop shortcut will appear for this userвЂ™s share.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall