Maxtor Central Axis Manager Client Publisher's description
A useful tool for managing your data stored on a Maxtor drive
The Maxtor Central Axis adds storage to your network, backs up files across every compatible computer on your network, streams music, videos and photos from your drive to your home entertainment system, and allows you to remotely access and share backed up files via the web.
In order to successfully install Maxtor Central Axis Manager Client onto your PC you need to follow these steps:
1. After downloading and burning the CD ISO image to disk, run the CD and click on the Install Maxtor Central Axis Icon.
2. Follow the instructions to complete the Central Axis Maxtor Manager client software upgrade.
3. After the upgrade is complete, double click the Maxtor Manager Icon on your desktop and wait for your drive to be discovered.
4. Select the drive from the Maxtor Manager My Drives window and click Settings.
5. When the settings screen displays click on the Check for Software Update button, and add a check mark to the automatic updates box, then click Apply.
Note: The MaxBack backup feature included with the client software does not support backup from remote desktops. If you have more than one PC on your home network requiring backup, this client software must be installed and administered from the desktop of each computer requiring a backup.
Here are some key features of "Maxtor Central Axis Manager Client":
В· Back up files and folders to and restore them from an external USB drive
В· Access backed up files and folders remotely via the web
В· Share access to files, photos, music and videos via the web
В· Use media streaming to play digital photos, music and video on a networked home entertainment system without turning on your computer
В· Organize files automatically using Drag and Sortв„ў
В· Give users full access to public folders while restricting access to private folders
В· View backup and storage status for all users with SimpleViewв„ў
В· Mirror data through Drive Configuration
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall