File Searcher Publisher's description
File Searcher allows you to search any file in any location for any content easily and quickly.
File Searcher allows you to search any file in any location for any content easily and quickly. File Searcher features a powerful regular expression engine that searches any type of file for any given regular expression or standard string.
File Searcher is a huge step up on most other search programs because it is simple. It finds lost text files where you can only remember vague details about them. It is way better than the Windows search function at it.
The problem: Basically, you remember you wrote a report for the boss around the middle of last year, with a special section about current inventory.
The solution: Start up File Searcher, tell it which folders are most likely to hold that report, tell it to look through all files from last April to September. Under the Contents tab, enter items like the name of the boss and company, and of course the word "inventory".
I found File Searcher to be fairly fast, although not blazing. But it was super-accurate so far as I could discover. It will do specialised text searches called "regular expressions" as well, a feature your office geeks will love.
* Search Multiple locations at once
* Filter file by name/extenstion using simple text or regular expressions
* Filter file creation/access/modify dates within date range
* Search files for multiple content criteria
* Search for simple text or regular expressions
* Support for popular formats including PDF, Office, HTML, RTF, TXT, and many more
* View results in notepad, open containing folder, or open file in native program
* All results are sortable
* Full software help file
* Multi threaded to take advantage of multi core cpu's
System Requirements:Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT/XP/2000/2003/Vista/Windows 7
Microsoft Framework 2.0
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and UnInstall