File Optimizer Publisher's description
An easy to use program for optimizing file size.
FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting AIR, APK, APNG APPX, BMP, CBZ, CHM, DOCX, DIB, DLL, EPUB, EXE, FAX, GIF, GZ, ICO, JAR, JPEG, LIB, MNG, MP3, MPP, OBJ, PNG, PPTX, ODT, OGG, OGV, PDF, PUB, SCR, SWF, TIF, VSD, WEBP, XAP, XLSX, and ZIP file formats among others.
It keeps the behaviour of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several recompression and optimization techniques.
Drag the files you want to optimize to the files grid in FileOptimizer, right click with the mouse to open the contextual menu, and then click on Optimize. This will process all supported files added, and overwrite them with the optimized version.
Alternatively you can add the files and directories to process on the program's commandline, or dragging them to the executable file. A context menu for Add files, also does it.
By default, FileOptimizer will remove additional metadata, and other unneeded information, but will keep original files in your recycle bin just in case you want to further modify the originals.
- Simple program interface.
- Easy to use.
- Several third party tools integrated in one same tool (plugins).
- Easy automation via commandline.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via commandline.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
What's New in This Release:- Added ini option EXEDisablePETrim=false to disable PETrim when processing EXE files. Resulting executables will be larger, but it will prevent broking some SFX and installers as well as stripping digital signatures (Ascend4nt)
- Added ini option DoNotUseRecycleBin=false to prevent copying original files to your Recycle Bin. Be aware that enabling such option will prevent recovering original files (Runner112)
- Much improved WebP optimization by using cwebp and dwebp in libwebp (Runner112)
- Improved PDF compression upgrading to Ghostcript 9.10
- Updated to ImageMagick 184.108.40.206
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall