File Information Tool Set (FITS) Publisher's description
The File Information Tool Set (FITS) identifies, validates, and extracts technical metadata for various file formats
The File Information Tool Set (FITS) identifies, validates, and extracts technical metadata for various file formats. It wraps several third-party open source tools, normalizes and consolidates their output, and reports any errors. FITS was created by the Harvard University Library Office for Information Systems for use in its Digital Repository Service (DRS).
What's New in This Release:- Improved support for audio formats
- Ability to convert audio metadata to the AES audioObject schema using the -x option
- Now ising NLNZ VERSION element instead of VERSION-NAME for MP3 files
- Fixed incorrect JP2 version reported by Exiftool
- Better identification of JP2 and JPX images (OIS bug 2876)
- Updated File Utility XSLT to improve format output (OIS bug 2897)
- Fixed DROID format output for SVG files (OIS bug 2968)
- Added ability to extract DTD references to the XmlMetadata tool from XML DOCTYPE declaration (OIS bug 2967)
- Changed file utility call to use --mime instead of -i. File 5.03 on OS X uses -I rather than -i to print the mime type and mime encoding. --mime works on Linux and OS X.
- Tweaked Jhove XSLT conversion of image height and width elements for files containing multiple images. When multiple height or width values are found only the first one is used.
- Improved identification of EXIF and JFIF JPEGs.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall