DOS Utilities DELS.EXE Publisher's description
DELS.EXE will delete a set of files from a directory and all of its subdirectories
Gammadyne Corporation offers the following DOS command line programs which you may download and use freely.
* These programs run on all versions of Windows since 95.
* You may distribute these programs as long as they are not modified or sold. If you would like to package them with a commercial program, please contact us.
* These programs do not have a graphical user interface. They are meant to run from a command line (DOS prompt), batch file, or shortcut. You should keep your command line programs in a directory on your hard drive, preferably one in the PATH. For Windows 95/98/ME, we recommend "c:windowscommand". For Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 we recommend "c:windowssystem32".
* These programs are checked for viruses before being uploaded. We do value our reputation!
* Please send comments on these programs here.
* All programs are written by Greg Wittmeyer.
DELS.EXE will delete a set of files from a directory and all of its subdirectories. Only one parameter is required: a specification of the files to be deleted. The specification can use the ? and * wildcards. Multiple specifications can be separated with a semi-colon.
DELS [/nf] [/nologo] [/nr] [/ns] [/nw] [/q] [/test] filespec
Where filespec specifies the file(s) to be deleted.
/nf Don't list each file as it is deleted.
/nologo Don't display the program banner.
/nr Don't recursively enter subdirectories.
/ns Don't display the operation summary.
/nw Don't report warnings in the file specification.
/q Suppress all output.
/test Test only - no deleting.
For example, Gammadyne uses this to delete all of our object code files:
dels /nf f:projects*.obj;*.sbr;*.res;*.bsc;*.pch
DELS.EXE 1.7 - Recursive File Deletion Utility
Copyright (C) 2001-2009 by Greg Wittmeyer - All Rights Reserved
Deleting F:PROJECTSAutoTweakAutoTweak.ncb : ok
Deleting F:PROJECTSScratchboardScratchboard.ncb : ok
Deleting F:PROJECTSGammadyne MailerGammadyne Mailer.ncb : FAILED!
Deleting F:PROJECTSConsoleConsole.ncb : ok
Deleting F:PROJECTSAllAll.ncb : ok
4 files deleted successfully
1 files could not be deleted
Total size of file specification: 34,741,983 bytes
* We are not responsible for damage caused by the use of this program, or any other program, even if it contains bugs. This is a powerful program with the ability to seriously screw up your computer.
* You may press the Escape key to abort the operation once it has started.
* When a file specification contains an absolute path, all subsequent file specifications will be relative to that path. Note that the example above depends on this.
* Deleted files are not moved to the Recycle Bin, they are permanently deleted. For a good undelete utility, we recommend Back2Life.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall