DOS Utilities DELNEXT.EXE Publisher's description
DELNEXT.EXE will schedule a file or directory to be deleted during the next reboot.
Gammadyne Corporation offers the following DOS command line programs which you may download and use freely.
* These programs run on all versions of Windows since 95.
* You may distribute these programs as long as they are not modified or sold. If you would like to package them with a commercial program, please contact us.
* These programs do not have a graphical user interface. They are meant to run from a command line (DOS prompt), batch file, or shortcut. You should keep your command line programs in a directory on your hard drive, preferably one in the PATH. For Windows 95/98/ME, we recommend "c:windowscommand". For Windows NT4/2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/7 we recommend "c:windowssystem32".
* These programs are checked for viruses before being uploaded. We do value our reputation!
* Please send comments on these programs here.
* All programs are written by Greg Wittmeyer.
DELNEXT.EXE will schedule a file or directory to be deleted during the next reboot. This is useful for deleting files that are currently in use (and therefore locked).
DELNEXT [/nologo] [/now] filespec
Where filespec specifies the files or directories to be deleted during the next reboot.
/nologo Don't display the program banner.
/now Delete the file immediately if possible.
Gammadyne Delete At Next Reboot Utility 2.1 (delnext.exe)
Copyright (C) 2005-2009 by Greg Wittmeyer - All Rights Reserved
Operation Successful - File will be deleted during the next reboot.
* The operating system will delete the file before any drivers are loaded or services are started. This makes DELNEXT an excellent tool for ridding a system of viruses.
* Some viruses will detect when one of their files is missing, and restore it. It is important to delete all of the files associated with the virus.
* Files cannot be located on a network share because they are deleted before networking support is booted.
* Directories must be empty in order to be deleted.
* Deleted files are not moved to the Recycle Bin, they are permanently deleted. For a good undelete utility, we recommend Back2Life.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall