Compare More Publisher's description
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not.
Compare Files, Folders :
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
You can compare entire drives and folders at high speed, checking just sizes and modified times. Or, thoroughly verify every file with byte-by-byte comparisons. FTP sites and zip files are integrated seamlessly, so you can update your website with the touch of a button.
Once you've found specific files you're interested in, Beyond Compare can intelligently pick the best way to compare and display them. Text files can be viewed and edited with syntax highlighting and comparison rules tweaked specifically for documents, source code, and HTML. Data files, executables, binary data, and images all have dedicated viewers as well, so you always have a clear view of the changes.
What's New in This Release:Version 3.2 adds a number of new features, along with increased polish and bug fixes. The most significant changes are:
* Added a Text Edit view, accessible from the Open With and Tools menus. Includes a Find in Files command.
* Pro only WindowsAdded a Registry Compare view. It allows comparison of your live registry, the registry on a remote computer, and .reg export files. See our compare registry settings article for a screen shot and video demo of the new view.
* File Compare Report can now mix reports from different comparison types. The available layouts and options will depend on the session types associated with the selected files.
* Added Text Content filter to Folder Compare, so comparisons can be restricted to only those files containing a specific search term.
* Added support for bzip2 and bzipped tar archives and LinuxDebian .deb packages.
* WindowsAdded ability to load Total Commander packer (wcx) plug-ins, allowing third-parties to provide read-only support for additional archive file types. To use, download packer zips from totalcmd.net or ghisler.com, extract the .wcx file into your BC3 install directory, and add appropriate extensions in the Folder Views section of the Options dialog.
* Added layout, rotate, and flip commands to Picture Compare, along with various other enhancements.
* WindowsSystem and hidden operating system files are now hidden by default, matching Explorer's default view. This primarily affects Windows Vista and Windows 7's compatibility junction points.
* SFTP connections can now use SSH2 public key authentication without explicit configuration if OpenSSH's ssh-agent or PuTTY's pageant is running.
* Added Follow Symbolic Links folder compare option which controls whether symbolic links are shown as files or the link target. Supported on both disks and FTP. Copying symlinks to FTP servers is known to work with OpenSSH, ProFTPD, ncftpd, hpss, and ioftpd.
* Added Ignore Same Changes command to Text Merge, which hides identical changes in the left and right input files. Also added Detached Output Pane option for use on multi-monitor systems.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall