Bulk Rename Utility Publisher's description
from Bulk Rename Utility
Bulk Rename Utility is a free file renaming software for Windows. Bulk Rename Utility allows you to easily rename files and entire folders based upon extremely flexible criteria.
Bulk Rename Utility has evolved through a series of user-requests, one-off requirements, and general enhancements.
Some of the features provided by Bulk Rename Utility include:
- Rename files, folders or both
- Remove, add or change text in the file names
- Perform text substitution
- Change the case of file names
- Remove characters or words
- Remove digits or symbols
- Append or prepend text to file names
- Append dates in many formats
- Append the parent folder's name
- Auto-number files with flexible rules
- Automatically preview the new names
- Sort the file details by any column
- Group configurations into "favorites"
- "Bulk Rename Here" Windows Explorer extension
- Directory recursion - process sub-directories too!
- Regular Expressions support
- Rename files from an input text-file list
- Create an "Undo" batch file
- Log activity to a log file
- Change file and folder date/timestamps (created, modified, accessed)
- Change file/folder attributes (hidden, read-only, archived)
- All settings retained between sessions
- 32-bit or 64-bit
- Rename photos using EXIF metadata (i.e. "Date Picture Taken", "Resolution" and other information embedded in all JPG photo files)
- Rename MP3 files using ID3 tags (a.k.a. MP3 ID3 tag renaming).
- Command line support ***
- Bulk Rename Utility is totally free!
What's New in This Release:+ Restored вЂњBulk Rename HereвЂќ Windows Explorer extension.
+ Correctly extract вЂњDate TakenвЂќ field for pictures edited on Windows 7 and Vista.
+ New program icon.
System Requirements:Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows 2000/NT, 98, Me. Windows Server 2008, 2003.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall