Belvedere Automates Your Self-Cleaning PC Publisher's description
Windows only: Keep your desktop or any other folder on your hard drive organized and under control with Belvedere, an automated Windows file management tool.
Windows only: Keep your desktop or any other folder on your hard drive organized and under control with Belvedere, an automated Windows file management tool. Use Belvedere's friendly interface to create advanced rules to move, copy, delete, rename, or open files based on their name, extension, size, creation date, and more.
License: Belvedere is licensed under the GNU Public License. If you'd like to take a look at the source, head over to GitHub.
What it does: Sets up rules for taking actions on files based on the name of a file, it's extension, size, age, and more.
NOTE: Belvedere is a Windows knock-off of the Mac-only Hazel, and Gina has already guided you through setting up a self-cleaning Mac with Hazel, so for a few good ideas for how you might get started with Belvedere, check out her guide. Belvedere's not quite up to par with Hazel yet, but in time I'm hoping to implement as many of Hazel's features as I can for Windows users.
I'm distributing the initial release as a simple executable, so to install it, just download Belvedere.exe from the download link above, drag it to a folder of your liking (might I recommend C:Program FilesBelvedere) and double-click to start. If you want Belvedere to run as a Windows startup app, you'll have to add it manually for now.
I'm planning to add most of the Hazel functionality I can to Belvedere over time, so here's a brief outline of my feature roadmap for upcoming releases:
* DONE - Set up rules to meet multiple requirements, either ALL or ANY. (0.2)
* Multiple actions for matched rules. (not currently implementing)
* DONE - Edit existing rules (0.2)
* DONE - Test rule matches before saving rule (0.3)
* Add a trash management tab to the GUI
* New action to add files to iTunes
* DONE - Recurse folders
* Version 0.4: Folder recursion, confirmation on match, rule enabling/disabling.
* Version 0.3: Rule testing, more security measures, bug fixes, "matches one of" condition.
* Version 0.2.1: Quick fix for icon bug in 0.2
* Version 0.2: Multiple conditions, edit existing rules, send to recycle bin, fixed mouse bugs, added new icon from What Cheer, About page, added more checks to ensure good user input.
* Version 0.1: Released.
Bug Reports and Feature Requests
Belvedere works well on my Vista PC, but it may have a few bugs here and there (it won't accidentally go deleting all the files on your computer by any means, but I probably wouldn't point it at your most important folders right away). If you've got feature requests or bug reports, I'm happy to hear them in the comments. Don't have a commenter account?
Here's how to get one : "http://lifehacker.com/software/announcements/how-to-get-invited-to-be-a-lifehacker-commenter-202136.php".
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall