Araxis Merge Publisher's description
from Araxis Ltd
Advanced two and three-way file comparison/merging and folder synchronization
Merge is the two and three-way visual file comparison/merging and folder synchronization application from Araxis. Use it to compare, understand and combine different versions of source code, web pages and other text files, or even text copied and pasted from another application (e.g. Microsoft Word).Merge is a compelling choice for software developers, lawyers, product release managers, web designers and other professionals who work with multiple revisions of text files, including ASCII, MBCS and Unicode files. Merge integrates with most version control (VC) and software configuration management (SCM) systems that allow a third-party comparison/merging tool to be specified.For legal professionals: instantly identify every change by copying text from different contract drafts being edited in another application (such as Microsoft Word) and pasting it directly into a file comparison window.For software engineers and web developers: compare, understand and combine different source file versions. Work quickly and accurately, whether you are comparing individual files or reconciling entire branches of source code. Use three-way comparison to integrate changes made by you, and those made by a colleague, with a common ancestor version. Synchronize a website with its staging area via FTP using the supplied FTP plugin.For release and quality control managers: compare different source code branches to give total confidence that you know and understand every change made to every file for a specific release. Compare product releases to be certain that only the expected files have been modified. Create an HTML or XML report of changes for audit purposes.For code reviewers/auditors: identify in context every change made between two or three source code trees. Create a standalone HTML or XML report of your findings. Add bookmarks and comments to a file or folder comparison, then save it as a single-file archive for emailing to other team members for review.
What's New in This Release:Enhancements:
· In the .NET assembly, it is possible to monitor the progress of comparisons using the new ProgressChanged event. For more information, see the Introduction to the .NET Assembly.
· The amount of memory that can be used by the file comparison filters for Microsoft Office documents has been increased from 256 MB to 512 MB. This allows larger Microsoft Office documents to be compared without receiving out of memory errors. Please contact Araxis support for assistance if you still encounter out of memory errors when comparing large Microsoft Office documents.
· Minor improvements have been made to the online help.
· The major version number has been updated to 2013, reflecting the year of release.
· Merge no longer crashes on Windows 8 when the application is launched by opening a saved comparison file and then choosing to load options.
· Merge no longer crashes when opening images using the consolecompare utility with a /readonly flag.
· When running a filter program, Merge now closes the handle to its input file before the filter program is started. This enables third-party filters to be used even if they need to open the input file with exclusive access.
· Pipes may now be used within filter programs.
· A crash that could occur when closing the main application window has been fixed.
System Requirements:At the time of writing, Araxis tests and supports Merge on the following platforms:
Windows 7 SP1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Windows XP Professional SP3 (32-bit)
Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
The following platforms are also supported and expected to work, but not routinely tested:
Windows Server 2003 SP2 (requires the MSXML 6 update from Microsoft This link is to an external website to be installed)
Windows Server 2003 R2 SP2 (requires the MSXML 6 update from Microsoft This link is to an external website to be installed)
Windows Server 2008 SP2 (32-bit)
Windows Vista SP2 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Your fully functional 30-day evaluation serial number for the Professional Edition of Merge is:
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall