Altap Salamander Publisher's description
A very good file manager for Windows
Altap Salamander is a small and fast two-pane file manager with an open plugin architecture.
The ability to view content of files (html, text, over 40 picture formats, mp3), support for archives (rar, zip, tar/gzip, arj, cab, etc.)and intuitive user interface that is easier to learn and use, makes it widely popular substitute for Windows Explorer.
Here are some key features of "Altap Salamander":
В· Two independent panels with directory listings
В· Open plugin architecture
В· Directory listings always up to date
В· Hotkeys for all functions
В· Internal support for ZIP, RAR, ARJ, CAB, ACE, and TAR/GZIP archives
В· Support for creating self-extracting archives
В· The ability to view content of files (text, html, over 40 picture formats, mp3, etc.)
В· Command line for executing arbitrary commands through the system shell
В· Support for long filenames, file type associations, and compression on NTFS volumes
В· Internal viewer for up to 2 GB files with text and hex modes
В· Easy handling even with files over 4 GB
В· Changing case of filenames
В· Very fast file and directory search
В· User menu for all selected files and directories
В· Online HTML help
What's New in This Release:* Altap Salamander comes with 'Compatible with Windows 7' certification.
* Included translations: English, Czech, German, Spanish, Hungarian, and Romanian.
* Internal Viewer, HEX mode: tooltip with offset in file was not displayed for bottom lines.
* User Menu command with $(FullPath) init dir, executed on long path with long file name (when FullPath exceeds MAX_PATH) caused stack overflow.
* WinSCP: upgraded to WinSCP 4.2.8.
* 7-Zip: Added missing ES_AUTOHSCROLL to Password edit field in "Enter 7-Zip password" dialog.
* Eroiica: Added missing ES_AUTOHSCROLL to Password edit field in "Document password" dialog.
* FTP Client: Added parser for listings from Xbox 360 FTP
* CheckVer: New installation of Salamander (not upgrade): CheckVer window is opened during first check for new version, if user receives personal firewall prompt if to allow access to internet, he or she can see that it's due to version checking.
* PictView: Canon EOS 5D Mark II writes invalid Aperture values 0x80000000/1 which makes pow() throw floating-point exceptions.
* UnLHA: Fixed timestamp extraction from headers level 2+: they use seconds since 1.1.1970 UTC and not MS DOS timestamps
* UnLHA: Added support for MS DOS/Win extended header 0x41 containing 3 Windows timestamps in FILETIME format
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall