Ultimate Boot CD Publisher's description
Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for the download,
Ultimate Boot CD is completely free for the download, or could be obtained for a small fee. If you had somehow paid a ridiculous amount of money for it, you have most likely been fleeced. The least you could do is to make as many copies of the offical UBCD and pass it to your friends, relatives, colleagues or even complete strangers to minimize the per unit cost of your loss!
You need the Ultimate Boot CD if you want to:
Run floppy-based diagnostic tools from CDROM drives. More and more PCs are shipped without floppy drives these days, and it is such a royal pain when you need to run diagnostic tools on them.
Free yourself from the slow loading speed of the floppy drive. Even if you do have a floppy drive, it is still much much faster to run your diagnostic tools from the CDROM drive, rather than wait for the tool to load from the floppy drive.
Consolidate as many diagnostic tools as possible into one bootable CD. Wouldn't you like to avoid digging into the dusty box to look for the right floppy disk, but simply run them all from a single CD? Then the Ultimate Boot CD is for you!
Run Ultimate Boot CD from your USB memory stick. A script on the CD prepares your USB memory stick so that it can be used on newer machines that supports booting from USB devices. You can access the same tools as you would from the CD version.
What's New in This Release:· Updated grub4dos to V0.4.5c (2012-11-17).
· Added BOOTMGR 05-AUG-2012.
· Remove diskcheck.pdf because it is not available.
· Removed CD Index because it cannot be made to work with FreeDOS in its current form.
· Use one level "/pmagic" instead of two-level "/pmagic/pmagic" to better facilitate integration with other multi-boot distro. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
· Adopted Explorer09's patch for F-Prot virus def update script.
· Updated CPUStress image to V2.1expl4. Thanks to Explorer09 for updating what was originally contributed by IceCube.
· Updated Stress to V1.04.
· Added TAFT V1.2.
· V:\ubcd\root\ubcd\tools\linux\mkfdubcd\mkfdubcd.sh. Thanks to Reinhard Biegel for pointing this out.
· Fixed tools\linux\antivirus\clamav.sh, which stopped working due to various external changes. Thanks to ady for the update.
· Moved "/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin" to "/boot/syslinux" and make both syslinux/isolinux use the same "/boot/syslinux/syslinux.cfg" config file. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
· Moved boot.kernel.org (BKO) to "Others" category.
· Updated ASTRA to V6.01.
· Updated Darik's Boot and Nuke to 2.2.7.
· Updated DISKMAN4 to V4.2A3, the last release for this app.
· Updated DOSLFN in FDUBCD to V0.41c.
· Updated FDUBCD to use HimemX and JEMM386.
· Updated files from syslinux 4.0.6.
· Updated g4u to V2.5.
· Updated IBM Disk Manager to V9.61.
· Updated Intel Processor Identification Utility to V4.55. Thanks to ady for the update.
· Updated Partition Saving to V4.00.
· Updated PLoP Boot Manager to V5.0.14.
· Updated SeaTools for DOS (Text) to V1.12. Thanks to ady for the update.
· Updated UMBPCI in FDUBCD to V3.83.
· Added PCISniffer manual to /ubcd/images.
· Changed to using "linux.c32" instead of "LINUX" command because the former can deal with memory holes better. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
· Added comments about UBCD2ISO_ARGS to ubcd2iso.cmd and ubcd2iso.sh.
· Added support for "kblang" parameter in UBCD FreeDOS at Don Manuel's request for the OmniBoot project. \level1\keybrd.cab\bin\Keybrd.bat was modified for this purpose.
· Fixed Mersenne Prime Test "ubcdcmd" to "mprime27".
· Moved !BIOS to a boot image of its own because it can't be made to work with FDUBCD.
· Updated FDUBCD KERNEL.SYS to Build 2041.
· Updated DLG Diagnostic to V5.20. Thanks to drizzle for the suggestion.
· Updated HDClone to V4.2.2. Thanks to ady for the update.
· Updated ASTRA to V6.02. Thanks to ady for the update.
· Updated UBCD FreeDOS to to reside in a 16MB superfloppy image supplied by ady.
· FDUBCD: Fixed AUTOEXEC.BAT at ady's request.
· FDUBCD: Updated bin\7za.exe to 9.20.1 at ady's request.
· Removed "/boot/syslinux/" from all COM32 entries in syslinux menus.
· Updated Gujin to V2.8.7. Thanks to Don Manuel for the update.
· Removed mkfdubcd script.
· Updated "ubcd\tools\linux\syslinux2grub4dos\main.sed" and fixed conversion for hdt.c32.
· Updated Memtest86 to V4.1.0. This version includes V3,5b and V4.0b, so the menu entry for the previous version is removed. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
· Changed syntax of syslinux cfg files and updated syslinux2sed.sed to support the change. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
· Updated Parted Magic to 2013_01_29_i586.
· Updated F-Prot Antivirus to V6.2.3 and X-FProt to V2.4expl4. Thanks to Explorer09 for the update.
· Renamed DLG Diagnostic to "Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for DOS". Thanks to su.ar for the suggestion.
· Updated Mersenne Prime Test to V27.9. Thanks to Don Manuel for helping with this.
· Updated "boot\syslinux\syslinux.cfg" to use CONFIG directive.
· Use internal LINUX command for launching boot.kernel.org.
· Updated help text of Memtest86+. Thanks to ady for the suggestion.
· Updated help text of HDAT2. Thanks to Ralf Boecker for the suggestion in email.
· Updated help text of MHDD32. Thanks to Ralf Boecker for the suggestion in email.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall