DeltaCopy Publisher's description
Rsync for windows
In general terms, DeltaCopy is an open source, fast incremental backup program. Let's say you have to backup one file that is 500 MB every night. A normal file copy would copy the entire file even if a few bytes have changed. DeltaCopy, on the other hand, would only copy the part of file that has actually been modified. This reduces the data transfer to just a small fraction of 500 MB saving time and network bandwidth.
In technical terms, DeltaCopy is a "Windows Friendly" wrapper around the Rsync program, currently maintained by Wayne Davison. "rsync" is primarily designed for Unix/Linux/BSD systems. Although ports are available for Windows, they typically require downloading Cygwin libraries and manual configuration.
Unlike "rsync", DeltaCopy is a only available for Windows and is tightly integrated with services available only on Microsoft platforms (NT4, XP, 2000 & 2003). Here is a list of features
* Incremental backup - Copies part of the file that is actually modified
* Task scheduler - Profiles in DeltaCopy can run based on a schedule
* Email notification - Administrators can receive email confirmation on successful as well as failed transfers
* One-click restore - Backed up files can be easily restored.
* Windows friendly environment - No need to manually modify configuration files or play around with command line options.
System Requirements:* XP, 2000, 2003, 2008, Vista and Windows 7. We have not tested DeltaCopy on Win9x.
* 10 MB hard disk
* 64 MB ram
* 1 GHz processor or better
NOTE: If you have an "rsync" daemon running on Linux/Unix/BSD or any other platform, DeltaCopy client will successfully connect to them.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall