Casper Publisher's description
Casper creates an immediately-bootable backup replacement for PC system drive.
Casper makes maintaining a backup replacement disk for your PC easy by creating a complete, immediately-bootable copy of your PC's hard disk, including the operating system, applications, settings, and all of your data. If your PC's hard disk fails or becomes corrupted, boot your computer directly from your backup hard disk and you're up and running again in seconds. No need for time-consuming, risky image archive restoration. Intelligent, exclusive automation technologies including SmartStart and SmartSense also make maintaining multiple, fully bootable, backup replacement disks for a computer using inexpensive external USB, Firewire, or eSATA drives effortless. Schedule the backup to be performed at any time, or perform the backup in the background while you continue to use your computer. Casper also makes upgrading your PC's hard disk to a new disk for increased speed or storage capacity a breeze.
- SmartStart Wizards -- make the process of backing up or replacing your Windows system disk faster and easier than ever.
- USB Boot Capability -- creates a fully bootable copy of a Windows system drive that can boot and run directly from an external USB driveвЂ .
- Solid State Drive (SSD) and Advanced Format Drive Support -- increases the life expectancy and enhances the performance of solid state and Advanced Format drives by automatically optimizing the alignment of data during the imaging process. Also ensures complete support for drives with capacities greater than 2TB.
- AccuClone Technology -- exclusive disk imaging technology designed to enhance performance and virtually eliminate I/O degradation and other problems caused by poorly engineered and misbehaving third-party drivers and applications.
- SmartClone Technology -- dramatically reduces the time required to update a backup. Casper's innovative SmartClone technology enables Casper to maintain a complete backup replacement hard disk for your system in the same amount of time required by other backup and disk imaging solutions to perform a partial or incremental backup to a proprietary archive!
- SmartWrite Technology -- automatically optimizes disk I/O to maximize performance and minimize CPU utilization and Windows resource demands during the disk imaging process. Casper's innovative SmartWrite technology ensures maximum performance and full use of your computer when performing a backup.
- Automatic Copy Verification -- assures the reliability and dependability of the backup by ensuring it is not corrupted during the disk imaging process by faulty RAM, a defective cable, failing disk, or bad controller interface.
- Integrated Scheduling -- performs backups automatically on a routine basis. Casper's integrated scheduling ensures your backup is always up-to-date. You can schedule copies to be performed daily, weekly, monthly, or at any time desired.
- SmartSense Disk Detection -- automatically detects when you attach a new portable disk or an existing backup disk to your computer. Casper SmartSense disk detection technology allows you to begin the process of upgrading or creating and maintaining a backup replacement of your Windows system hard disk the moment you attach a new or existing backup hard disk to your computer.
- SmartSense Automatic Backups -- fully automates the process of maintaining a system backup on a portable drive, making it easier than ever to maintain a complete, instantly bootable system backup on an external USB drive.
- 1-Click Cloning -- permits routine backups to be performed at any time with a single click. Casper's 1-Click Cloning support makes performing on-demand backups a breeze!
- SmartRelease -- automatically prepares your portable backup drive for safe release after the backup has been completed. Eliminates the need to use the Windows Safely Remove Hardware utility to safely remove your portable drive after a backup.
- Advanced Power Management -- increases scheduling flexibility by using the power management capabilities of your computer to safely resume and then suspend your computer after completing a backup. With advanced power management functionality, you can instruct Casper to wake your computer in the middle of the night to perform a backup completely unattended, and then safely return it back to sleep while you sleep!
- Automatic Performance Throttling -- improves responsiveness of other applications while Casper performs a backup in the background. Designed specifically to take advantage of new functionality introduced in Windows Vista, automatic performance throttling ensures the backup process completes entirely in the background without interfering with your work.
- SmartAlert Notifications -- notifies you via email when a backup has been completed or only when a backup requires attention for true вЂњset it and forget itвЂќ operation.
- Runtime Controls -- allows you to quickly change power management and notification options after a backup is underway, regardless of how the backup was started.
- Designed for Windows -- provides complete disk imaging capabilities entirely from within the Windows environment. When you use Casper, you never have to stop what you are doing or restart your computer to create and maintain a complete PC backup. Also, since Casper was designed from the ground up to clone disks directly from within the Windows environment, Casper will never require you to remove the original system or destination hard disk after completing a copy -- the source and destination hard disks can coexist on the computer at all times!
- Native 64-bit Support -- provides true 64-bit performance on Windows 64-bit platforms, including 64-bit editions of Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Advanced Disk Management -- provides advanced disk management functionality. Use Casper Explorer to review past activities performed with Casper, create and remove partitions, change the active partition, change a drive letter assignment, replace damaged or missing boot records, and more.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall