BackupAssist Publisher's description
Performs automatic scheduled backups of Windows servers.
BackupAssist performs automatic, scheduled backups of Windows servers to a variety of backup devices, such as tape, hard drive, REV™ drive CD/DVD, NAS and file. In the event of a server crash or other disaster, files and system state can be restored from the backup media. With thousands of sales in over 70 countries, BackupAssist is fast becoming a major backup software package of choice for businesses, schools and charities. New Zip engine - The new Zip engine allows backup to be performed directly to a .zip file. Any destination that was available for the NTBackup engine is now available for the Zip engine, including FTP, DVD, REV and Tape*, providing access to these destinations for Vista, 2008 and SBS 2008 machines.
New Exchange backup method
* Mailbox backups on 64bit operating systems are now supported.
* Exchange 2007 is now fully supported.
* Mailboxes can be backed up remotely or locally for Exchange 2007 and 2003 (64 or 32 bit).
* ANSI PST and Unicode PST format files are supported where Outlook 2003/2007 is installed, avoiding the 2GB file size limit.
* Exchange servers can now be backed up across domains.
* Setup and configuration has been improved.
* Improved handling of PST grouping methods.
* Improved handling of edited mail items.
New BackupAssist Restore Console - The new BackupAssist restore console provides a convenient method for restoring files and folders from Zip, File Replication and Rsync backups. Access it through the Restore tab in BackupAssist.
What's New in This Release:17374 Fixed "trial expired" messages which affected a limited number of machines using some non-ascii characters in OS information.
17366 Fixed "trial expired" messages which affected a limited number of older 32 bit operating systems.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall