Areca Backup Publisher's description
from Oliver Petrucci
A file backup tool written in java that supports data compression & encryption
A file backup tool written in java that supports data compression & encryption and incremental backup
Areca Backup is a file backup tool written in java. It supports data compression & encryption, incremental backup, file history explorer and many other features.
Areca Backup also includes a transaction mechanism which guarantees your backups' integrity. As an additional security mesure areca also features a backup simulation module.
Backup Engine Features:
- Archives compression (Zip & Zip64 format)
- Archives encryption (Triple DES & AES encryption algorithm)
- Storage on local hard drive, network drive, USB key, FTP / FTPs server (with implicit and explicit SSL / TLS)
- Source file filters (by extension, subdirectory, regular expression, size, date, status, usage)
- Incremental / Full backup support
- Archives merges / deletion : You can merge contiguous archives in one single archive or safely delete your latest archives.
- As of date recovery : Areca allows you to recover your archives (or single files) as of a specific date.
- Transaction mechanism : All critical processes (such as backups or merges) support a transaction mechanism (with commit / rollback management) which guarantees your backups' integrity.
- Backup reports : Areca generates backup reports that can be stored on your disk or sent by email.
- Post backup scripts : Areca can launch shell scripts after backup.
What's New in This Release:Fixes a bug in Delta storage that could generate 'out of memory' errors when reading large files.
System Requirements:Java runtime Environment
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall