AB2L 6-Way Sync Publisher's description
from Jeff Agee
AB2L 6-Way Sync is a multi-profile, multi-feature, heavy duty file protection, local sync, backup and encryption program.
AB2L 6-Way Sync is a multi-profile, multi-feature, heavy duty file protection, local sync, backup and encryption program. It's designed for: (1) a single computer; (2) a computer with peripherals such as USB flash drives or external hard drives; or (3) computer to computer (to computer, etc.) on a Windows Network.
We say "Heavy Duty" because:
(1) Its "File Protection" allows an unlimited number of previous different versions of your files to be saved. You could keep the last one million different versions of a file if you wanted. This protects your files against data corruption. Example: Say your computer gets a virus. The virus corrupts your files. You have not yet discovered that your files are corrupt or that you even have a virus. Your files are then backed-up or synced. Without having previous different versions of your file kept, your only good backup copy will be overwritten by the corrupted file, negating the whole reason that you are doing syncs or backups in the first place! At the time of this writing, a popular online backup solution keeps a total of only 3 different versions for every 3 month period, and deletes previous versions older than 3 monthsвЂ”what if that file from 3 months ago was your only good copy, or version 4, which they don't keep, was your only good copy?
(2) It uses it's own custom scheduler which provides robust flexibility, such asвЂ”if 20 syncs are all scheduled for the exact same time, all will occur, one after the other, with the next one starting no later than a minute after the previous one finishesвЂ”or if your computer or AB2L 6-Way Sync is OFF, all missed syncs or backups will begin being processed in about 1 minute after AB2L 6-Way Sync is back ON and continue until all are caught upвЂ”syncs and backups ALWAYS start no later than ONE minute after their scheduled time.
(3) It includes Rijndael 256 bit encryption to protect sensitive files from unauthorized viewing. The 256 bit key is derived from a combination of algorithmic hashes from information exclusive to your computer. To open an encrypted file, one must have your computer, AB2L 6-Way Sync, and, optionally, your AB2L 6-Way Sync login password.
(4) There's no limit to the total file size of the sync or backupвЂ”it could be a million gigabytesвЂ”AB2L 6-Way Sync will not quit or bog down.
(5) The sync, back-up, encryption and decryption algorithms have been meticulously designed for high speed, infallable operation.
(6) During Sync Mode, files are never overwritten if they are already exactly the same in every way as the most recent version of the file.
(7) Let's you choose the file extensions to sync or back-upвЂ”or simply select "ALL".
(8) Includes "File Watcher", which, if enabled, will automatically sync or back-up each individually changed or added file, at the moment of the change or addition.
(9) Allows up to 3 locations per profile instead of the usual two. (If you wanted to you could actually sync 41 different locations together among 20 different computers, with AB2L 6-Way Sync installed on just one of them.)
(10) You can continue to use your computer normally during syncs, backups, encryptions and decryptions as all these operations are performed on a seperate background thread.
What's New in This Release:- Fixed bug in "start when system starts" option.
- Changed ui appearance for easier use.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status:
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall