SymmetricDS Publisher's description
from JumpMind, Inc.
Database Replication, Filtered Synchronization, and Transformation.
SymmetricDS is a data and file sync/replication solution. It is a platform-independent, web-enabled, and database-agnostic synchronization tool. SymmetricDS was built to replicate changes, bi-directionally, between remote nodes and a centralized node.
- Database Independent - Supports: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Azure, HSQLDB, H2, Apache Derby, IBM DB2, Firebird, Informix, Greenplum
- Transaction Aware - Data updates are recorded and replayed with the same atomicity
- Guaranteed Delivery - Synchronized data is guaranteed to arrive at the target destination. If a synchronization fails, the same batch of data will be retried until it succeeds or manual intervention is taken. All other data synchronization is halted for the failed channel only.
- Conflict Management - Data conflicts can be detected and resolved
- Data Transformation - Data can be transformed to load into different structured tables
- Data Channels - Table synchronizations are grouped into independent channels
- Centralized Configuration - All configuration is downloaded from a central registration server
- Data Filtering and Rerouting - Allows for localized passwords and sensitive data filtering/routing
- HTTP Transport - Pluggable transport defaults to Representation State Transfer (REST-style) HTTP services
- Initial Data Load - Prepare the satellite database with an initial or recovery load of data
- Flexible Transport - Push (trickle-back data) or Pull (trickle-poll data) changes
- Multiple Schemas - Supports multiple database schemas naturally through the existence of Data Channels
- Simple Data Protocol - A fast streaming data format that is easy to generate, parse, and load
- Bidirectional Synchronization - The same table can be synchronized both to and from the host system while avoiding update loops
- Primary Key Updates - Captures the "before" and "after" data being changed, allowing updates to primary key data
- Payload Compression - Optionally compresses data on transport
- Extendable API - Add customizations through extensions and plug-in points
- Auto Database Creation - Optionally allow creating and upgrading of database schema
- Multiple Deployment Options - Standalone engine, web application, embedded software component
- Embeddable - Small enough to embed or bootstrap within another application (i.e. a POS application)
- Remote Management - Administration through a Java Management Extensions (JMX) console or REST
- Remote Database Administration - SQL can be delivered and run at remote databases via the synchronization infrastructure
- Database Versioning - Specify data synchronization by version of target database
- Android Support - Independent client that works on Android
- File Synchronization - Sync files as well as data.
What's New in This Release:[Bug] Triggers not created when "handle key updates" enabled (mhanes) - closed.
[Improvement] Assign a load id to batches that contain reload events when the batch is created during routing (chenson) - closed.
[Task] Add blurb about the resolve_row_only column's functionality in the NEWER_WINS resolve type documentation. (chenson) - closed.
[Bug] NullPointerException on Android when INTENTKEY_PROPERTIES is not provided in the Intent when starting service (chenson) - closed.
[Improvement] API Improvement - Added getTableTypes() to IDdlReader (chenson) - closed.
[Bug] Firebird TIME fields don't synchronize properly because of the fractional seconds component (chenson) - closed.
[Bug] sqlscriptreader has bug where tokens aren't replaced if the script has a single sql statement with no end of statement token (chenson) - closed.
[Improvement] Add API Operation description to the REST API (mhanes) - closed.
[Bug] Stream Lobs for SQL Server fails with bad trigger syntax (mhanes) - closed.
[Bug] Time and Timestamp field issues on Firebird and Postgres databases (chenson) - closed.
[Bug] Table reload broken on Sybase ASA 9 (elong) - closed.
[Improvement] Add variables to initial load delete SQL (elong) - closed.
Database server (MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, DB2, Informix, Interbase, Firebird, HSQLDB, H2, Apache Derby)
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall