SQLeoVQB Publisher's description
SQLeo is a free open source SQL Graphical Query builder based on SQLeonardo.
SQLeo (say S-Q-Leo) is a GPL open source SQL Query builder front end that permits to create or display complex sql queries easily as Access (Microsoft query) do and permits to reverse engineer database models as db designers do.
This GUI supports virtually all JDBC drivers: tested with ODBC bridge, Oracle, Mysql, Firebird, HSQLDB, Postgresql, CsvJdbc, SQLite ...
Starting with version 2014.01, public executable of query builder is limited to 3 tables per graph. Full featured version will be reserved for donators.
Can be compared with : FreeQueryBuilder (SQLeonardo ancestor), SQuirreL SQL, Active Query Builder, Flyspeed, Oracle SQLdeveloper, Toad, DbVisualizer, brio query ...
Connexion setup and Metadata explorer
- create joins with drag and drop, foreign keys or with csv definition
- supports all types of join: inner, rigth-left-full outer, natural
- supports group by, order by, subqueries, union ...
- pack (hidde) or unpack unused columns from a table
- save query as image, .xlq or .sql
- reverse SQL syntax to graph
- grid display with data filtering, sorting
- jump to parent or child table data
- insert, update, delete data in grid
- export (html, insert, text or csv), import data
Command Editor (should be reserved for DDL or DML usage)
+ new 2012.01: store joins definition in a local csv file
+ new 2012.07: content / preview window fetch only first rows
+ new 2013.02: Reverse subqueries improvments
+ new 2013.04: Filter icon in graph for predicates
+ new 2013.05: auto arrange Entities in graph using spring force model
+ new 2013.07: java 7 on linux and java web start compatibility
+ new 2013.08: auto complete sql text
+ new 2013.10: SQLite support
+ new 2013.11: full support for reversing subqueries to graph
+ new 2014.01: data (content) window merged in designer
+ new 2014.01: PL/SQL and other procedural languages support
and many bug fix.
What's New in This Release:Bug Fixes included for:
- 135 Reverse query: fails with subqueries WITH CTE format
- 130 Auto-complete with table aliases
- 90 Reverse query: add support for EXTRACT(year from date)
New ticket added:
- 140 unmappable character for encoding UTF8
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall