Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 Publisher's description
Microsoft has found an issue with the final build of SP4 that impacts customers who run SQL Server with AWE support enabled.
UPDATE: Microsoft has found an issue with the final build of SP4 that impacts customers who run SQL Server with AWE support enabled. This problem does not affect ia64 platforms. On x86 and x64 systems, the problem only impacts customers with more than 2 gigabytes (GB) of memory (available only with the Enterprise, Developer, and Evaluation editions) where AWE has been enabled and more than half of the total system memory is being allocated to a single SQL Server instance. Customers with this configuration should obtain and apply the hotfix specified in article 899761 of the Microsoft Knowledge Base after upgrading to SP4.
SP4 is a cumulative Service Pack containing all of the fixes from previous service packs, including MS03-031 security bulletin.
SP4 includes packages for the following SQL Server 2000 components:
- Database Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE)
- Update your 32-bit Database components of SQL Server 2000 including Database Engine, Replication, Client Connectivity components and Tools. For additional information, please refer to ReadmeSql2k32Sp4.htm
- Analysis Services Components (Download file: SQL2000.AS-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE):
- Update your 32-bit Analysis Services components of SQL Server 2000. For additional information, please refer to ReadmeSql2k32ASp4.htm.
SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE) Components (Download file: SQL2000.MSDE-KB884525-SP4-x86.EXE):
- For your 32-bit MSDE components of SQL Server 2000:
- Install a new instance of MSDE
- Upgrade existing instances of MSDE
- Update applications that have consumed merge modules
- For additional information, please refer to ReadmeSql2k32DeskSp4.htm
- SQL Server 2000 64-bit Components (Download file: SQL2000-KB884525-SP4-ia64.EXE):
Update your 64-bit Database components and 64-bit Analysis Services components of SQL Server 2000. For additional information, please refer to ReadmeSql2k64Sp4.htm
Important: SQL Server 2000 Service Pack 4 is not supported on Windows NT 4.0, Windows Millennium Edition and Windows 98 platforms.
- Step 1: Download the appropriate package(s) and their corresponding Readme file(s).
- Step 2: Back up all your databases.
- Step 3: Review the appropriate Readme file(s) and follow the installation instructions.
System Requirements:Supported Operating Systems: Windows 2000 Advanced Server, Windows 2000 Professional Edition , Windows 2000 Server, Windows Server 2003, Datacenter x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003, Enterprise x64 Edition, Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition, Windows Small Business Server 2003 , Windows XP Home Edition , Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional Edition
- PC with Intel or compatible Pentium 166 MHz or higher processor
- Minimum of 64 MB of RAM (128 MB or more recommended)
- 100 MB of available hard disk space for new install of MSDE
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall