MayBMS Publisher's description
MayBMS - A Probabilistic Database Management System
The MayBMS system (note: MayBMS is read as “maybe-MS”, like DBMS) is a complete probabilistic database management system that leverages robust relational database technology: MayBMS is an extension of the Postgres server backend. MayBMS is open source and the source code is available under the BSD license.
MayBMS stands alone as a complete probabilistic database management system that supports a powerful, compositional query language for which nevertheless worst-case efficiency and result quality guarantees can be made. The MayBMS backend is accessible through several APIs, with efficient internal operators for computing and managing probabilistic data.
In summary, MayBMS has the following features:
- Full support of all features of PostgreSQL 8.3.3, including unrestricted query functionality, query optimization, APIs, updates, concurrency control and recovery, etc.
- Essentially no performance loss on PostgreSQL 8.3.3 functionality: After parsing a query or DML statement, a fast syntactic check is made to decide whether the statement uses the extended functionality of MayBMS. If it does not, the subsequently executed code is exactly that of PostgreSQL 8.3.3.
- Support for efficiently creating and updating probabilistic databases, i.e., uncertain databases in which degrees of belief can be associated with uncertain data.
- A powerful query and update language for processing uncertain data that gracefully extends SQL with a small number of well-designed language constructs.
- State-of-the-art efficient techniques for exact and approximate probabilistic inference.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall