JabRef for Windows Publisher's description
JabRef is an open source bibliography reference manager.
JabRef is an open source bibliography reference manager. The native file format used by JabRef is BibTeX, the standard LaTeX bibliography format. JabRef runs on the Java VM (version 1.5 or newer), and should work equally well on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
BibTeX is an application and a bibliography file format written by Oren Patashnik and Leslie Lamport for the LaTeX document preparation system. General information about BibTeX.
Bibliographies generated by LaTeX and BibTeX from a BibTeX file can be formatted to suit any reference list specifications through the use of different BibTeX style files. We support this initiative to build a searchable database of BibTeX style files, organized by journal names: LaTeX bibliography style database.
* Advanced BibTeX editor
* Detailed editing of BibTeX entries.
* Search functions
* Search a pattern in the whole bibliography.
* Classification of entries
* You can group entries explicitly, by keywords or any other fields.
* Import of various formats
* BibTeXML, CSA, Refer/Endnote, ISI Web of Science, SilverPlatter, Medline/Pubmed (xml), Scifinder, OVID, INSPEC, Biblioscape, Sixpack, JStor and RIS.
* Built-in and custom export formats
* HTML, Docbook, BibTeXML, MODS, RTF, Refer/Endnote and OpenOffice.org.
* Customization of BibTeX fields
* You can add your own fields to any BibTeX entry type.
* Customization of the JabRef interface
* Fonts, displayed fields, etc
* Integrates to your environment
* Launch external applications: PDF/PS viewers, web browser, insert citations into LyX, Kile, LatexEDitor, Emacs, Vim and WinEdt
* Automatic Key generation
* Search Medline, Citeseer, IEEEXplore and arXiv
* Support for XMP Metadata in PDFs
* Improve the workflow of sharing PDFs and bibliography information
* Plugin functionality
What's New in This Release:В· Made it possible to define customized entry types with either-or conditions on
В· required fields, e.g. using a pseudo-field called "author/editor" will indicate that the entry requires either the "author" or the "editor" field set.
В· Now uses lock files to prevent more than one instance of JabRef from saving at the save time, and protects from loading half-written files.
В· Added "Default" export formatter which can output a default value for empty fields.
В· Added option to not enforce BibTeX-legal keys.
В· Modified launcher script for Windows installer to give higher heap size limit.
В· Improved autocompletion.
В· Improved group autogeneration.
В· Improvements to several import and export filters.
В· Cleaned up settings for external links so the chosen browser will always be used for web links.
В· Fixed JStor, ACM and IEEEXplore fetchers and added ScienceDirect fetcher.
В· Many minor improvements and many bug fixes.
System Requirements:В· Java 1.4.2 or later
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall