Family Tree Analyzer Publisher's description
Load a gedcom file and display some basic reports regarding individuals, families, locations, occupations, data errors or loose deaths.
This beta version implements loading a gedcom file and displaying some basic reports. These reports include:
- Individual Lists - showing all the individuals in your GEDCOM with their vital details
- Family Lists - showing all the families in your GEDCOM with lists of who is in that family
- Occupation Lists - showing all the occupations in your GEDCOM - double clicking on an occupation shows the lists of people with that occupation.
- Location Lists - verifies you have valid locations and double clicking on location text shows who is at that location. Clicking on the Show Map button attempts to locate the location on Google Maps.
- Census Lists - form that permits listing everyone in your file that should be alive on a census at a particular date
- Data Errors List - shows various types of data errors in your GEDCOM such as events happening before someone was born or after they died
- Loose Death list - shows all details where you have death date info for an individual but you haven't updated the death record for that individual.
- Lost Cousin Report - shows you everyone you have already found on a census.
- War Dead Report - lists possible males alive and of likely fighting age during both world wars
This feature is available via a button on the census page or the Lost Cousins page. It lists all your direct or bloodline relatives and those married to them and shows the various UK census years. This list is then colour coded to show :
grey - they weren't alive on that census
red - they were alive but you have yet to enter a CENSus or RESIdence fact for them.
yellow - you have entered a census but how yet recorded that census on the Lost Cousins website.
green - you have entered a census and it isn't a LC year or is a LC year and you have entered data on LC website.
The red boxes where there are missing census records are clickable. Select the website you want to search from the drop down box at the top of the report and then double click on a red box. This will then open up a search results page on Ancestry, FreeCen or FindMyPast (coming soon) thus making it a quick and easy way to search the census records.
FamilySearch Searching (Currently disabled needs update to work with new familysearch website):
This feature allows users to search the IGI with a single button click.
The Marriage search trawls your data looking for missing or approximate marriage dates and then does a search for them on the IGI if they are within valid date ranges.
The Children search uses a little known feature of the IGI to enter the names of parents and to search for all children of those parents. This works exceptionally well in Scotland where almost all records have the wife's maiden name thus making sure you have the right father AND mother of a child is easy. The English records are considerably more difficult and this current version isn't too hot at narrowing down the search. Future versions will attempt to use the Region/County field to narrow the search.
Also note it currently trawls the IGI for every family you have in your tree. Future versions will allow you to filter this to only families who are direct ancestors or blood relatives etc, or who are in a specific location or who have a specific surname.
All feedback welcome. Please note this is very much a work in progress, it works for my own Gedcom file however there is no guarantee that other ways of recording data will be consistently handled. If you wish to post error logs and log issues please include a sample gedcom file that demonstrates the problem you are having. I'd like to ensure that it works consistently for every user. Please also note that there is a bias in the program for Aberdeenshire in Scotland as that is where 90%+ of my Ancestors are from. So some defaults may need to be tweaked or turned into user configurable options in later versions. Again let me know what works and what causes you problems.
What's New in This Release:Added restore tooltip
Added remember location feature to most forms
Added logging for Google fixes
Google fixes now load when GEDCOM loads and reports to the stats window
System Requirements:NET Framework
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall