BaseElements Publisher's description
from Goya Pty Ltd
BaseElements is a tool to assist FileMaker Pro developers, and make development easier
BaseElements is a tool to assist FileMaker Pro developers, and make development easier. It imports the Database Design Report from FMPA to give you a complete cross-reference of every element in your solution. From fields to script steps, layouts to custom functions. Everything is included, everything is cross-referenced.
It's a database for your database.
Have you ever wanted to see list of all of the layouts in your entire solution? Want to find all of the scripts that do import script steps and print them out? Want to find every button on a layout that's calling a particular script, and list all of the layouts? Want to see every tooltip calculation across all your files? Want to know every place a Global Variable is used in your solution?
These are just a few examples of the sorts of things possible in BaseElements. Everything in your entire solution is imported, everything is cross referenced, and it's all open and accessible for you to search, list, sort, display and relate to every other object. If you have a question about your solution you need answered, BaseElements can answer it.
Know Your Solution.
If you've ever taken over someone else's solution, and not known where to start, or worked on a system that is too big to keep in your head all at once, BaseElements is the answer. It knows everything about your solution without you having to. You can look at a field, and know every place it exists in every file in your solution.
Preempt the bug reports.
BaseElements lists all of the items in your system that have errors or that are unreferenced. So you can know - in advance - when you introduce that next new version, that it isn't full of bugs, and that it's not overloaded with wasted space.
The complete cross reference.
If you develop in FileMaker you know how easy it is to rename scripts, fields or layouts. Things just keep on working. But what if you want to change the calculation, or modify the way a value list works? How do you know what that change will affect in other files or in the way other scripts or fields work? BaseElements tells you everything need to know in advance.
What's New in This Release:· Updated the runtime version to FMP 12v3.
· Added text to display the missing references text for Calculations.
· Added a conditional formatting for Calculation errors in Script Steps.
· Changed the code to report missing references in calculated XSL Steps as a warning instead of an error.
· Fixed an issue where unknown errors in Script Steps would only have been picked up on English DDRs.
· Fixed an issue where marking a calc error as fixed would fail.
· Changed the code for calculation errors to highlight bold for unfixed and not bold for fixed.
· Fixed a layout issue when going to a ScriptTrigger.
· Fixed the link on the ScriptTrigger layout to go to Scripts.
· Fixed an issue with the import where ScriptTriggers wouldn't have the correct layout details.
· Removed Layout separators the from the Layout Object comparisons.
· Fixed an issue with comparisons of ScriptTriggers.
· Changed the Layout Object comparison to only list the total items, not individual ones.
· Fixed an Window Trigger import issue.
· Added an option to reduce the file size of the XML before processing.
· Updated the plugin to version 2.0.1.
System Requirements:· FileMaker Pro
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall