Portable Instant Crypt Publisher's description
InstantCrypt is an encryption program using the Open PGP standard to send and receive secure email, that is, it encrypts ("scrambles") your email so that only the intended recipient can read it.
InstantCrypt is an encryption program using the Open PGP standard to send and receive secure email, that is, it encrypts ("scrambles") your email so that only the intended recipient can read it. It connects easily to your previously installed email or Web mail.
Written for those who occasionally, but not always, want or need to exchange encrypted emails, for those with no or only little knowledge of encryption, and for those who want to give encryption a try.
Ease of Use:
1. Fast to Install: Download, doubleclick on the installer, and you are set to go.
2. Connects easily to your previously installed email or Webmail: does not require change of or fiddling with your email programs.
3. Keeps the needed knowledge of public-key encryption to a minimum.
4. Is able to (or at least should be able to) exchange email messages with other programs that use the Open PGP standard, e.g., PGP itself or any GPG-powered open source program.
1. The program uses public-key cryptography as specified by the established Open PGP standard; its encryption engine is GPG.
* The used encryption algorithms are considered to be secure, i.e., a text or file thus encrypted cannot be read by someone who does not have access to the key for which it was encrypted.
* This includes, to the best knowledge of the author of this program, private or government agencies that have access to the currently available most sophisticated methods.
* However, the author does not accept legal liability for this statement, as in this field one can never be sure, one can just try one's best.
2. The program encrypts on your computer, so that your mail cannot be intercepted on its way to or from your email server or email provider.
3. Your private key is generated and stored on your own computer, not on someone's server.
1. En-/Decrypt text *and* file(s) in a single process.
2. Decrypt PGP/MIME files, so you can read messages from email plug-ins.
3. Have a reply function for email-like convenience.
4. Save everything you do in chronological order.
5. Welcome Page for new or entry-level users.
6. Routines to facilitate key exchange.
7. Extensive Help files
8. Demo videos.
To summarize, InstantCrypt facilitates secure email exchange
- with a low threshold for beginning users ("easy to install, easy to use")
- without sacrificing security or giving up too much convenience
- while interoperating with other OpenPGP programs.
What's New in This Release:
В· Bug fix (major): Files of a certain size could previously not be decrypted.
В· Bug fix: "Landing pad" on main form now allows paste.
В· Bug fix: Files dropped/copied into lower attachment window are saved to the correct user directory.
В· Feature twist: Add buttons now copy files into user directories instead of creating links: increases user interface consistency.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall