InstantCrypt Publisher's description
InstantCrypt is an encryption program using the Open PGP standard to send and receive secure email, that is, it encrypts ("scrambles") your email so that only the intended recipient can read it.
InstantCrypt is an encryption program using the Open PGP standard to send and receive secure email, that is, it encrypts ("scrambles") your email so that only the intended recipient can read it. It connects easily to your previously installed email or Web mail.
Written for those who occasionally, but not always, want or need to exchange encrypted emails, for those with no or only little knowledge of encryption, and for those who want to give encryption a try.
For those who...
* May have little or no experience with email encryption.
* Want to use secure email occasionally.
* Need a convenient, easy to learn solution.
No need to change or fiddle with your previously installed email. Works with:
* Your email program.
* Your webmail.
* Attachments. (Also good for files stored on CDs, USB sticks, etc.)
Ease of Use:
1. Fast to Install: Download, doubleclick on the installer, and you are set to go.
2. Connects easily to your previously installed email or Webmail: does not require change of or fiddling with your email programs.
3. Keeps the needed knowledge of public-key encryption to a minimum.
4. Is able to (or at least should be able to) exchange email messages with other programs that use the Open PGP standard, e.g., PGP itself or any GPG-powered open source program.
1. The program uses public-key cryptography as specified by the established Open PGP standard; its encryption engine is GPG.
* The used encryption algorithms are considered to be secure, i.e., a text or file thus encrypted cannot be read by someone who does not have access to the key for which it was encrypted.
* This includes, to the best knowledge of the author of this program, private or government agencies that have access to the currently available most sophisticated methods.
* However, the author does not accept legal liability for this statement, as in this field one can never be sure, one can just try one's best.
2. The program encrypts on your computer, so that your mail cannot be intercepted on its way to or from your email server or email provider.
3. Your private key is generated and stored on your own computer, not on someone's server.
1. En-/Decrypt text *and* file(s) in a single process.
2. Decrypt PGP/MIME files, so you can read messages from email plug-ins.
3. Have a reply function for email-like convenience.
4. Save everything you do in chronological order.
5. Welcome Page for new or entry-level users.
6. Routines to facilitate key exchange.
7. Extensive Help files
8. Demo videos.
To summarize, InstantCrypt facilitates secure email exchange
- with a low threshold for beginning users ("easy to install, easy to use")
- without sacrificing security or giving up too much convenience
- while interoperating with other OpenPGP programs.
(InstantCrypt cannot [because for normal secure e-mail exchange, these features are not a priority]: Clearsign and make and verifiy detached signature for files.
3. What this Program Does Not Do
This Program does not secure your own computer:
The purpose of this program is to make your outside communication secure. This program does not:
1. Encrypt your computer hard disk.
2. Destroy the unencrypted versions of the texts or files that you just encrypted.
Be aware that someone interested in secrets stored on your computer has your computer as his first and primary target.
What's New in This Release:Bug fix (major):
- Fixed the problem that InstantCrypt sometimes froze during certain key operations; during this operation revised all internal dialogs with GPG.exe
Bug fixes (minor):
- Minor bug fixes on User Interface
- Updated GPG.exe to version 1.4.14
- Minor improvements on user interface.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Beta
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall