AxCrypt Publisher's description
from Axantum Software AB
Password protect files with strong encryption and one click operation
Password protection for files using strong encryption for Windows 2003/XP/Vista/7/2008 using the AES algorithm with 128-bit keys.
It combines strong symmetric encryption with compression and double-click editing/viewing.
Encrypted files have a '.AXX' extension added to their names, and are shown with a new icon.
To encrypt a file, right-click it in Windows Explorer and select 'AxCrypt | Encrypt'.
To edit or view an encrypted file - just double-click it.
To decrypt, right-click and select 'AxCrypt | Decrypt' instead.
No configuration is necessary. Run the installer, and AxCrypt is ready to use.
English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Hungarian or Swedish will be used for messages and dialogues depending on the language of the system. Documentation and installation scripts are in English.
The following are features that really set it apart from other file encryption tools, commercial as well as free:
- Double-click to edit/view with any application, with automatic re-encryption when done.
- Extensive optional command-line interface for scripting and programming.
- Integrated shredder.
- Use a regular passphrase and/or a strong key-file.
- Self-decrypting files supported.
- 12 languages in one executable distribution.
- No options or user interface - easy to install and use.
- Absolutely no configuration needed - just use it.
- Secure memory handling - no keys or data in the paging file
- Private branding support for commercial or corporate versions.
- Open source under GNU GPL.
- Builds with VC++ Express 2010, only free tools required for development!
What's New in This Release:This is a major refactorisation of the build and the dependency handling.
We now fully support building AxCrypt with 100% free tools such as Visual C++ Express 2010, MSBuild and WiX.
There is also support for a single installer for 32-bit and 64-bit both.
Installation recommendations by OpenCandy are supported by the installer which are fully optional.
Minor bugfixes. Dependency updates (Crypto++, ZLib, WTL, ATL, SDK, Tools)to the very latest.
System Requirements:Windows XP/2003 or higher
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall