Windows Firewall Control Publisher's description
Windows Firewall Control provides quick access to Windows Firewall settings.
Windows Firewall Control is a nifty little application developed to provide quick access to the most frequent options used from Windows Firewall. It sits in the system tray and allows user to control the Windows Firewall easily without having to waste time by navigating to the specific part of the Firewall. Options to enable or disable firewall, access Windows Firewall and it Advanced Security are all given in the system tray right-click context menu. It extends the default functionality of the native firewall by integrating the program into the context menu of the executable files and by showing to the user the notifications of outgoing blocked connections. This is the best tool to manage the native firewall in Windows 7 and Windows Vista.
- Easy to use, intuitive menus placed system tray, which allows you to configure easily Windows Firewall.
- Quick access to Windows Firewall and Windows Firewall with Advanced Security from Control Panel.
- Allow or Block a program to connect through Windows Firewall with just a single mouse click.
- Quick access to user defined rules with the possibility to delete them right away.
- Display current active network connections for the local computer.
- Start automatically with Windows, at user logon.
- Quick reset to default Windows Firewall settings.
- Protection to uninstallation of the program when it is locked with a password. Features for registered users only
- Display user notifications on blocked outgoing connections.
- Import and export the policies of the program.
- Lock the current configuration of the program with a password.
- Shell integration into the right click menu of the executable files.
What's New in This Release:Fixed: Duplicate notifications are displayed even if there is a a block rule set
to a specific protocol but custom remote ports or remote addresses are not defined.
Fixed: The option regarding the incoming connections, named "Block all connections
including apps on the list of allowed apps", which is accessible only from WFwAS,
resets to "Block all connections to apps that are not on the list of allowed apps"
when the user changes the Profiles in Windows Firewall Control.
Fixed: When creating a rule through Shell Integration, the result dialog is not
displayed in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Fixed: When creating a rule through Shell Integration, the validation does not work
and if the user chooses the same file multiple times, multiple rules are created. Now,
if a rule was created through Shell Integration, the user can not create duplicates
through this mechanism.
Improved: New logging points were added in the software for debugging purposes.
Improved: Code cleanup. Some parts of the code were simplified to improve the
System Requirements:Microsoft .NET Framework version 4.0
Compatible with all x86 and x64 versions of Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista and Server 2008.
Windows Firewall service is required to be enabled for Windows Firewall Control to run.
DNS Client service is required to be enabled for the notifications to work properly.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall