TekRadius Publisher's description
from Yasin KAPLAN
TekRADIUS is a RADIUS server for Windows.
TekRADIUS is a RADIUS server for Windows. You're free to use freeware version for both commercial and personal use. We only ask you to provide feedback.
TekRADIUS tested on Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 2003 Server and Windows Vista. Please see installation requirements at Support section and don't forget to read Readme.txt file comes with the distribution.
TekRADIUS complies with RFC 2865 and RFC 2866. It currently supports just Microsoft SQL Server. It runs as a Windows Service and comes with a Win32 management interface. Major features:
- Supports features described in RFC 2865 and RFC 2866 (RADIUS protocol).
- Logs system messages, errors and session information to a log file.
- Limits number of simultaneous sessions for the users.
- Uses Authentication method as a RADIUS check item.
- RADIUS Dictonary can be edited through TRManager GUI.
- Authentication and Accounting ports are user selectable.
- You can create SQL database and tables through TRManager GUI.
- You can map RADIUS Accounting attributes to Accounting table fields.
- TekRADIUS can be run in Authentication only or Authorization only mode.
- You can define which RADIUS attribute will use for User-Name substitute.
- You can define own Authorization query string.
- PAP, CHAP, MS-CHAP v1-v2, EAP-MD5, EAP-MS-CHAP v2, PEAP
(PEAPv0-EAP-MS-CHAP v2) and Digest (draft-sterman-aaa-sip-00.txt) authentication
methods are supported.
- You can specify an Expire Date and Time Quota for the users and use
Authentication method as a RADIUS check item.
- You can Authenticate users against Windows Domain.
- Command line utility for adding, deleting and editing users.
- Simple reporting interface for browsing Accounting records.
- You can specify how much time user account will be valid after the first logon (Time-Limit) and you can specify allowed logon days and hours (Login-Time).
- Quick and easy installation.
TekRADIUS also supports RFC 2868 - RADIUS Attributes for Tunnel Protocol Support and RFC 3079 - Deriving Keys for use with Microsoft Point-to-Point Encryption (MPPE). You can authenticate and authorize PPTP/L2TP connections using TekRADIUS.
TekRADIUS provides user level restriction to GUI access. Windows users in "Administrators" group can access to all functions on TekRADIUS Manager GUI but Windows users in built-in "Users" group can access restricted set of functions on TekRADIUS Manager GUI.
What's New in This Release:TekRADIUS SQL Edition can run in 64 bits mode in 64 bits systems.
TekRADIUS uses TekRADIUS.db in place of TekRADIUS.mdb.You can convert old TekRADIUS.mdb to TekRADIUS.db using DBConverter.exe which can downloaded from TekRADIUS web site.
Client entries are kept in TekRADIUS database not in TekRADIUS.db
System Requirements:Microsoft SQL server
1024 MB RAM
Microsoft.NET Framework v4.0 Client Profile
5 MB of disk space for installation. Disk space required for TekRADIUS database depends on your usage
Although an “sa” equivalent SQL user needed to create the database and the tables, users can set a less privileged SQL user for regular operation after creating the database and the tables.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall