Weezo Publisher's description
from Peer 2 World
Weezo turns your computer into a powerful and secure web server
Weezo turns your computer into a powerful and secure web server, thus enabling you both to access your PC for personal use (remote desktop, file exchanges, webcam monitoring...), and share your medias (photos, music, videos, files, Web TV...) with whoever you want.
A simple web browser is required to access your PC, with an OS-like skinnable interface. Shared resources are bound to password-restricted user groups: you choose who can access what. Security can be enhanced by using an SSL-encrypted connection.
All of this can be done instantly as there is no need to previously upload required files on a distant web server, and without any size or format limitation. Furthermore, you can be assured that privacy will be entirely preserved as no personal data will go through online servers.
Weezo setup, configuration and use have been designed with simplicity as main concern, and is thus accessible to everyone. Weezo is mostly open source, and relies on open and secure technologies such as Apache, PHP and OpenSSL.
This permits add-ons to be easily developed, limitlessly extending your site: host your blog, open a forum, check your email...
Here are some key features of "Weezo":
- Photo sharing
- Music sharing and "peer-casting"
- Video sharing and streaming
- Global access to files
- Bookmark sharing
- RSS feeds
- Website hosting
- Remote Management
What's New in This Release:New Features:
* Common: mobile version
* Common: new "send" feature, BitTorrent and streaming formats supported
* Common: new "Publish" feature, enabline users to embed medias into external web pages
* Common: Aero interface (Vista / W7)
* Common: Installation / configuration wizard
* Common: plugins management tool
* Common: clients may now customize their desktop. "Single user" account will restore settings on reconnection
* Common: site and users activity may be tracked on a Twitter account, on a personal website, or forwarded to Growl
* Common: new PHP session management system, hardened compatibility with third parties PHP scripts / extensions
* Common: client's browsers are displayed into activity tab
* Common: firewall and UPnP mapping may be reset on exit
* File explorers: user may share a list of files and directories instead of a single dir's content
* File explorers: user may toggle thumbnails, and select thumbnails size
* Security: unauthenticated direct connections may be rejected
* File explorers: display embedded icon of .exe and .ico files
System Requirements:- 32bits display
- Broadband Internet connection
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall