Weather Watcher Publisher's description
from Mike Singer
Weather Watcher is your personal Windows desktop weather station
Weather Watcher is your personal Windows desktop weather station. Automatically retrieve the current conditions, hourly forecast, daily forecast, and detailed forecast as reported by The Weather Channel, severe weather alerts from NWS (US only), and weather maps for over 77,000 cities world-wide. The current conditions can be quickly viewed by holding your mouse pointer over the Weather Watcher system tray icon.
Weather Watcher will allow you to automatically retrieve your weather data at a set interval, display the current temperature in a customized tray icon, display the current condition image in a tray icon, designate which weather information is displayed in the Weather Watcher system tray tooltip, convert the weather data using almost any conversion, display a weather map as your desktop wallpaper, log the weather data in any format, export the weather data in any format, customize the look of the Weather Watcher interface and icons via skins, and much more.
* Weather as reported by The Weather Channel
* Forecasts available for 77,000+ cities world-wide
* Current weather conditions
* 46-hour forecast
* 10-day day/night forecast
* Severe weather alerts from NWS (US only)
* 700+ weather maps
* 18+ weather unit conversion choices
* Locally export and log weather data
* Skinned interface/forecasts
* Customizable system tray icon/tooltip
* Dual tray icons for temperature and condition image
* Proxy server support
* Smaller memory footprint than other weather software
What's New in This Release:* ADDED: Severe alert sounds to the Weather Watcher installer (optional install item).
* CHANGED: When clicking the "UPDATE" button, Weather Watcher will force a weather update -- rather than relying on the last updated time stamp to determine if an update is necessary.
* CHANGED: Weather Watcher map file delimiter to "|" to work around international character issues.
* FIXED: "[UPDATED DATETIME]" tag was not displaying date/time in local format.
* FIXED: When using "General" --> "Start Weather Watcher when Windows starts" option, Weather Watcher was not always starting.
* FIXED: The skins were not being copied to the Weather Watcher user settings location on the very first Weather Watcher run.
* FIXED: All Weather Watcher windows were loading centered on the desktop after opening and closing the color dialog box in the "Tray Icon" tab of the Weather Watcher Options window.
* FIXED: When exporting weather data to an HTM or HTML file, degree symbols are now being converted to HTML characters.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall