Halite Bugfix Publisher's description
Halite is a BitTorrent client based on the libtorrent from Rasterbar Software.
Halite (named after the mineral) is a C++ BitTorrent client based on the excellent libtorrent library from Rasterbar Software. The program also relies heavily on the Boost libraries.
The current release is v 0.3.1 as of 15th June 2008. Get it over at SourceForge.net.
While still at an early state of development Halite is a functional BitTorrent client. So far its list of features is pretty standard but that is because I want to ensure it does the basic stuff well. That said it supports:
* File selection and/or file priority specifications.
* Trackerless torrents (using the Mainline kademlia DHT protocol).
* IP filtering with eMule style IPFilter.dat import.
* Protocol Encryption support.
* Translations of the UI into a number of languages through the help of volunteers.
(if you wish to help with a translation then please do)
* Minimize to tray with transfer rate summary.
* Full Unicode support through UTF-8 and native Windows wide-Char strings.
* Login support where tracker requires it.
* Ability to edit trackers specified in the torrent.
* Ability to create torrent files.
* Transfer rate and connection limits both global and per-torrent.
* UPnP and NAT-PMP support.
What's New in This Release:* Updated to libtorrent 0.14.9. *Important*
* Fixed intermittent Files list crash.
* Set tracker as primary re-corrected.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall