WinSCP Publisher's description
from Martin Prikryl
Free SFTP, FTP and SCP client for Windows
WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Its main function is the secure file transfer between local and remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers basic file manager functionality.
What's New in This Release:- New icons for Move to and Duplicate commands and dialogs.
- Keyboard shortcut to open site in PuTTY on Login dialog.
- When saving session opened from SFTP/SCP URL with host key fingerprint, the hostkey is saved to cache.
- Improved distinguishing main question of master-password related message boxes.
- Removed icon from Quit command in menus.
- Not adding UTF-8 BOM to files edited in an Internal editor.
- For FTP sessions over implicit TLS/SSL, Copy URL to Clipboard command uses ftps:// protocol.
- Support FTP servers that require TLS/SSL handshake on transfer connection before responding 1yz to STOR/APPE.
- Bug fix: Failure when connecting through SSH tunnel.
- Bug fix: Failure on start when any site has proxy or tunnel password protected with master password.
- Bug fix: Failure when disconnecting a session.
- Bug fix: Failure during some operations in FTP over TLS/SSL session.
- Bug fix: When saving site from SFTP/SCP URL, the saved site was not pre-selected on the Login dialog, unless the URL contained host key fingerprint.
- Bug fix: Failure when selecting SSH private key.
- Bug fix: Time-based SSH key re-exchange does not work.
- Bug fix: Passwords are lost when any raw session settings is specified in scripting or command-line.
- Improved registration for URL protocols:
- WinSCP registers itself with Default Programs control panel for protocol URLS sftp://, scp://, ftp:// and ftps:// on Windows Vista and newer.
- WinSCP handles application specific protocol URLs winscp-sftp://, winscp-scp://, winscp-ftp:// and winscp-ftps://.
- It is possible to remove protocol registration from Preferences.
- It is possible to open Default Programs control panel for WinSCP from Preferences.
- When registering machine-wide, current-user-specific registration that would shadow it is removed.
System Requirements:SSH server with SFTP/SCP support or FTP server
Program Release Status: Minor Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall