FtpVC Publisher's description
from PrestoSoft LLC.
FtpVC (FTP Version Control) is a serverless version control system
FtpVC provides all basic version control features that are necessary for any collaborative development, allowing users from all over the world to jointly and safely work on the same project without the possibility of conflict, with very little setup. FtpVC is a Windows client but an FTP server can be run on any platform.
- Does not require a version control server - uses standard FTP protocol.
- Allows you to get, check out, check in, undo check out, and label files.
- Maintains file revision history.
- Allows to set watch for a specific file (so that email notifications are sent on version control events).
- Shows differences between different file versions.
- Supports SMTP servers with authentication.
- Supports multiple version control projects.
- Provides recursive file management.
- Allows compression and encryption of remote files.
- Includes standard FTP client features (put, delete, rename, move files and directories, create directories).
What's New in This Release:New features:
• Windows 7 support
• Ability to move files/directories, along with their version control information
• Ability to add files without attaching them to version control
• Windows filetype icons used in the views
• Ability to customize columns in the file view
• Ability to reset disabled messages
• UTC time strings stored in stubs
• Local-only directories were not shown in the tree in recursive mode
• Improved FTP performance
• Improved status messages in the output view
• More efficient selected status update
NOTE: this version uses a new scheme of naming stub files. As a result, all of your client desktops have to upgrade to 2.6 at the same time, and all checked-out files have to be checked in before the upgrade. FtpVC 2.6 will read the old stubs and convert them to the new format but the old versions of FtpVC will not be able to read the new stubs.
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall