WebSite-Watcher Publisher's description
Automatically check web pages for updates and changes.
Automate your daily routine, boost your productivity!
Save Time, Stay Informed!
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date!
- Don't waste hours checking websites for updates when WebSite-Watcher can do it automatically for you
- Know what your competitors are doing, WebSite-Watcher scans their websites for you
- Know when a new software version or driver update is released, WebSite-Watcher detects the updates for you
- Stay informed with new postings or answers in discussion forums, WebSite-Watcher will notify you as soon as possible.
What's New in This Release:- Improved compatibility with Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 (Starting with version 11, an embedded Internet Explorer is identified as IE9 with an uncommon user agent string. This could cause problems with various web pages. WebSite-Watcher 2014 changes that user agent string so that IE11 is correctly identified as IE11).
- New ignore filter: Filter content via CSS class names
- New special filter: Minimum number of new/changed words (that are required to detect an update)
- New special filter: Sort page content by sentences
- Pre-define bookmark properties / Ignore and Watch filter: New option "Add to existing configuration"
- Pre-define bookmark properties / Keywords: New option "Add to existing configuration"
- Keywords and Ignore/Watch filters: New function regexcmp(regex,operator,number) - this functions searches for the defined regular expression, extracts all digits from the match and compares them with the pre-defined number. This function can for example be used to extract a price and accept it only if it is larger than 1000. Example: regexcmp(Price:\s*\d+\.\d\d;,; >1000)
- Keywords: It's possible to call the "Test regex" window to directly test regular expressions or keywords
- Global bookmark pre-definitions: New option "Continue processing with other pre-definitions". This makes it possible to pre-define multiple pre-definitions per bookmark
- Performance: Much better handling of the checking queue to avoid bottlenecks when many bookmarks with the same domain are queued or when checks are limited via advanced connection rules
- Performance: User interface should be more responsive during bookmark checks
- WebSite-Watcher can check pages and files which are encoded in UTF-16 format
- Bookmark properties: Advanced Internet Explorer check settings can be pre-configured (folder properties and global bookmark pre-definitions)
- Bookmark properties: IFRAMES settings can be pre-configured (folder properties and global bookmark pre-definitions)
- Bookmark properties: Action "Export page" can be pre-configured (folder properties and global bookmark pre-definitions)
- Bookmark properties: Action "Run program" can be pre-configured (folder properties and global bookmark pre-definitions)
- Bookmark properties: Troubleshooting settings can be pre-configured (folder properties and global bookmark pre-definitions)
- Check selected bookmarks (extended): New option "Check before other bookmarks". If enabled, bookmarks will be inserted and checked before already queued bookmarks.
- Bookmark properties / RSS feeds: It's possible to define how new RSS feed postings should be detected. Optional, by default WebSite-Watcher uses an automatic system that can fail under certain circumstances, for example when an RSS feed regularly changes the GUID (=Globally Unique Identifier) of existing postings.
- Filter-Assistant converts all links to text (optional). This makes it easier to make a selection within a link text.
- Statistics: Export statistic to Excel spreadsheet
- Statistics: Reset statistics
- The plugin "Auto-Download with Download-Manager" now also works with initialized bookmarks (if configured in the bookmark properties)
- Customizable pre-definitions for the user agent string. The user agent can then be selected from the pre-defined list (eg. to get the mobile layout of a page if available)
- File+Reopen now remembers the last 9 used files (instead of 4)
- New Tweak: HandleIgnoreUpdateAsError=0 (If a bookmark has the Ignore updates feature configured and a black listed text is found in the page, then (1) WebSite-Watcher will list this bookmark in the error folder and (2) alert an update after the configured number of errors in a row. With that tweak, WebSite-Watcher will ignore the update but not list the bookmark in the error folder nor alert an update after X errors in a row)
- Bookmark properties: WebSite-Watcher automatically checks entered regular expressions for syntax errors
- Set properties in all selected bookmarks: WebSite-Watcher automatically checks entered regular expressions for syntax errors
- Assign bookmark properties window: WebSite-Watcher automatically checks entered regular expressions for syntax errors
- Checking method "Internet Explorer/Browser": It's possible to use a custom User Agent (bookmark properties + Advanced + Check options (2))
- Download Manager: New option "Move to system tray when WebSite-Watcher starts a download"
- Download Manager: New option "Show info window when a download has completed"
- Send RSS feeds via the bookmark action "Send mail": If the option "Alert/Actions on initialization" is enabled, WebSite-Watcher sent an empty feed for initialized feeds (because by default, only new or changed articles are sent by e-mail). On initialization, WebSite-Watcher will send the whole feed now.
- Internet Check Macros improved
- Several performance improvements while a check is running
- Improved filtering of HTML tags when a tag contains problematic characters or tags (eg. HTML tags in the title parameter)
- Enhanced handling of certain encoded characters
- Performance improvements when comparing pages (could take a very long time for certain pages)
- Smaller fixes and improvements
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall