TinEye for Firefox Publisher's description
from Idée Inc
The TinEye browser plugin is the fastest way to search for web images right from Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, or Opera.
With the plugin installed, select any web image you come across to search for it on TinEye.
TinEye is the first image search engine on the web to use image identification technology rather than keywords, metadata or watermarks. When you submit an image to be searched, TinEye creates a unique and compact digital signature or 'fingerprint' for it, then compares this fingerprint to every other image in our index to retrieve matches. TinEye does not typically find similar images; it finds exact matches including those that have been cropped, edited or resized.
How to use:
- To use the add-on, simply right-click on any web image and select "Search image on TinEye" from the context menu. Results are displayed for you at tineye.com
- To set add-on preferences go to Tools > Add-ons in the Firefox menu bar. Locate 'TinEye Reverse Image search' in the Add-ons window list and click the 'Options' button. From here you can:
- Show/hide TinEye icon in context menu
- Set sort order preference
- Open searches in background, foreground or current tab.
System Requirements:Firefox 1.5 and later
Program Release Status: New Release
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall