Linkman Lite Publisher's description
Integrating with Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera browsers, Linkman gives you the power to efficiently organize bookmarks and favorites! You get the choice to organize bookmarks by keywords only, folders only, or folders and keywords.
Integrating with the latest versions of Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, and Opera browsers, Linkman gives you the power to efficiently organize bookmarks and favorites! Linkman is a standalone, browser independent bookmark organizer and search tool. Add links from browsers, and Linkman will retrieve keywords and descriptions automatically! Not only can Linkman organize your bookmarks, it can also help you detect and eliminate duplicate links from your bookmark collection. You get the choice to organize your bookmarks by keywords only, folders only, or folders and keywords.
Linkman stores bookmarks in XML databases, and is well known for providing 15 years of bookmark data security. It's constantly improved and receives several updates every year.
Linkman is a bookmark organizer which provides uniform access to bookmarks and favorites across browsers. If you add a bookmark in Internet Explorer, you can access the new bookmark also in Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera and vice versa. You get also the ability to import your existing bookmarks into Linkman from all browsers. Linkman is the only bookmarks organizer that is able to maintain the correct IE Favorites order and import Firefox bookmarks including both tags and keywords! Linkman supports up to 10 different import formats and you can even parse any file for bookmarks.
In the search window Linkman uses wildcards and operators to combine search terms. AND (DEFAULT), OR, AND NOT and the '-' sign can be used. Example: a search for backup software -usb will find all links containing the keyword backup AND the keyword software, but NOT containing the keyword usb.
What's New in This Release:Major internal changes to the optional Internet Explorer Linkman toolbar:
· protocol changed from Named Pipes to TCP/IP resulting in better stability with large databases
· improved Internet Explorer 10 support
· improved Windows 8 support
· Linkman search window can now be optionally shown by using one of the toolbar buttons
· Specific browser can be now also configured in the properties of a folder. All bookmarks inside this folder will be launched using the configured browser.
· Settings | Program Exit has now a privacy section, where you can configure if launch and search history should be saved
· Improved handling of the case where the user tries to load the same database to the left and the right panel at the same time
· Added URL.USER and URL.PASSWORD tags to export templates
· Search function will display completion time also on non successful searches
· Phrase search (using quotations) was sometimes not working (fixed)
· Improved Chromium support
· Added save date, username, and computername to status section of File | Properties (you need to save at least once with 8.80 to see any data here)
· Many small interface improvements
System Requirements:No special requirements.
Program Release Status: Major Update
Program Install Support: Install and Uninstall